If the suggested market range doesn't bring the experience level needed, we are comfortable discussing a higher rate.
The Buyer is responsible for purchase activities and to support offer creation project needs for the ITD/DCS LOB team.
• Manage and maintain R&D purchasing requisitions/orders for Cooling LOB team development projects
• Partner with project managers regarding selection of supplier
• Provide responsive customer service to project teams to maintain project timelines
• Provide purchasing support for facility (building and events) and contractor needs.
• Manage and maintain purchasing documentation including: Accounting Reports/invoices/issues, Master PO Log and documentation of purchases including prices, delivery times, etc.
• Manage supplier consultation & selection to support offer creation project needs.
• Manage supply qualifications; negotiate and manage contracts with local/specific suppliers (price, delay, etc).
• Keep the raw materials budgets for prototypes in individual projects.
• Act as point of contact for suppliers and as first escalation level for supplier engagement and issue resolution.
• Vocational training required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in procurement or purchasing.
• Proficient in English with strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strong professional and organizational skills, attention to detail, computer skills, and ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
• Ability to work effectively in all organizational levels, including influencing people who are not direct reports.
• Sensitivity to local business cultures.
Project Management Ability to successfully pilot a project from beginning to end, including prioritizing, planning, resolving issues, and displaying a persistent drive for results.
Cross-Cultural Ability to understand, appreciate and incorporate the unique contributions of associates with diverse backgrounds in business interactions.
Communicate Effectively Ability to communicate efficiently by listening and sharing information with internal and external customers.
Purchasing Administration & Tools Ability to select and use the appropriated SE purchasing Tools & Methods to keep records of suppliers, to follow contracts, to track all purchasing orders.
Purchasing Negotiations Ability to produce requests for proposal and conduct negotiations with suppliers to ensure the best ratio quality/time/cost.
Purchasing Supplier Management Ability to manage the supplier to improve supplier performance during the whole cycle of life, including management of the continuous quality improvement and delivery performance.
Purchasing Costs & Value Analysis Ability to evaluate breakdown of costs of purchases by using all tools and Purchasing Commodity Strategy Ability to build with relevant tools a commodity purchasing strategy applied to a given market and its economical and technological evolution.
Purchasing Contracts & Legal Ability to write a contract with a supplier ensuring specification’s respect and an adequate level of risk.
Influence & Convince Present sound arguments with energy and conviction. Understand and respond to others’ needs and agendas. Leverage own network to build support. Create a foundation of support through integrity and consistency.
Achieve Sustainable Results Ensure successful execution of strategies. Monitor and follow-up on plans using relevant metrics (short-term and long-term). Take the necessary steps to overcome obstacles and push goals. Maintain high levels of energy in a fast-paced environment.
Focus on Customer Understand and anticipate customer needs, applications and values. Focus on customer total EXPERIENCE and LIFECYCLE. Create a sense of win-win partnership.