IS Site Support Technician
San Antonio, TX | 12 Months
- Previous experience supporting a large corporate, manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting Business and Mission Critical applications is preferred.
- Working knowledge/experience of PC imaging tools (SCCM), diagnosis and remote control tools.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Server 2008/2012, VMWare, Active Directory Policy and Security management, Linux/UNIX, MS Office suite, Outlook, ITEL Base Management Tool and other standard office environment applications is required.
- Working knowledge/experience supporting Multifunction printing devices, laser and impact printers, bar code printers & scanners, Smartphones, tablets and PDA hardware and software.
- Working knowledge/experience supporting Hardware for servers, data backup libraries and SAN/NAS.
- Experience in Service Management, Change Mgmt., Outage & Problem Management and other ITIL-based best practices.
- Working knowledge of Cisco standard protocols and other technologies including but not limited to: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, SCCM, Cisco Works, management of IOS & CATOS code backup/configuration/restore
- Working knowledge/experience of PC imaging tools (SCCM), network diagnosis tools and remote control tools.
- Data Center and site infrastructure (Power/UPS, HVAC, cabling, etc.) knowledge/proficiency is preferred.
- Knowledge of Cisco Voice over IP hardware/software/server operation/configuration is preferred.
- A+ and Lenovo/HP PC repair certifications are preferred.
- SQL Server database administration (backups, security, monitoring, etc.) knowledge is a plus.
- Strong Project Management skills a plus.
- MCSE and other certifications a plus.
- SHIFT ROTATION IS VERY IMPORTANT – THEY NEED TO BE ABLE TO COVER DIFFERENT SHIFTS – 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
- MUST HAVE HANDS ON TROUBLESHOOTING DESKTOP SUPPORT SKILLS
- MUST BE ABLE TO CONFIGURE AND DEPLOY NETWORK SWITCHES
- MUST BE ABLE TO TROUBLESHOOT A SERVER
THIS IS A ROTATING SHIFT. SHIFT ROTATES MONTHLY.
-- 5AM - 1:45PM; 1st shift
-- 1PM - 9:45PM; 2nd shift
-- 9PM - 545AM; 3rd shift
Other important skills:
- Cisco Networking
- Ethernet Networking
- Microsoft Windows 7 Technical Skills
- Technical Support - IT/Network
- Technical Support Processes
- Windows 2012 Server Administration
- Windows 2012 Server Installation
- Windows 2010 Technical Skills - site migrating to Win10 later this year.
Reason for contingent headcount
Toyota current has a need for a resource to be responsible for installation and troubleshooting desktop, laptop, printer, Server, LAN and WAN environment.
What are the key objectives for this resource (project summary)?
- Support workload typically 70% end-user HW/SW, 30% infrastructure
- MANAGER IS LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WITH MINIMUM OF CCNA CERT AND EXPERIENCE IN A MANUFACTURING ENVIRONMENT.
- Strong troubleshooting capabilities are required.
- Candidate will be required to setup, configure, troubleshooting of desktop and laptop (Lenovo, Panasonic), mobile devices (smartphones-tablets) printers and plotters.
- Responsible for on-going support of Windows operating systems and Windows applications (example: Outlook, Excel, Word, Power point, MS Project)
- Responsible for maintaining a standard image provided by the Corporate office on user laptops, desktops and peripheral devices which may include smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices.
- Requires experience with working directly with customers and development and support of projects.
- Responsible for local coordination, installation and ongoing support of various Manufacturing and Administrative computer systems.
- Client-side support: PC HW/SW installation and troubleshooting, Printers, Bar code scanners, Video conference, mobile computing and communication devices.
- Server support (Windows/Unix), Active Directory administration, implementation/refresh of server hardware and network infrastructure.
- Daily monitoring, troubleshooting & administration of Cisco multilayer switched networks, servers and data center infrastructure.
- Ability to provide issue resolution off-hours as needed, both onsite & remotely
- Provide detailed, clear daily and weekly status & timely problem reports.
- Coordination with Regional/Local IS teams and 3rd party vendors to support IS projects, incidents and requests.
- Manage and prioritize Incident and Request tickets.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP and Microsoft SCCM.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory and Microsoft’s Application Compatibility Toolkit.
- Experience using the remote-control features of Microsoft’s SCCM a plus.
- Candidate must have good communication skills.
- Rotating shifts - Schedule based on work time schedule changes, may require working 45-50 hours/week. Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime
- Availability to provide 24x7 on-call coverage.
- Ability to climb ladders and staircases to access IT equipment.
- Must be able to support end-user equipment and infrastructure distributed in a 2.6M sq. ft. facility.
What specific departments within Toyota will this resource interact with?
IS local and regional groups and all Business / Professional groups at TMMTX site
How long is this project (please be specific)?
12 Months - This is a long term on-going assignment.
THIS IS A ROTATING SHIFT. SHIFT ROTATES MONTHLY.
- 5AM - 1:45PM; 1st shift
- 1PM - 9:45PM; 2nd shift
- 9PM - 545AM; 3rd shift