Sr. Software Engineer - JPMC On-site
Westerville, OH | 6 months contract
Objectives: Developing and providing of customer- and project specific overall solutions (adaptation and extension of WN standard solutions and individual software) with complex tasks in the quality agreed (functional volume, deadline, costs). Adjusting objectives and solutions with the customer, developing concepts and seeking, realizing, commissioning and testing solutions. Support of integration and support within the customer’s environment, including scheduled and organizational controlling and monitoring of the development process. Professional leadership of partial projects and delegation of partial tasks to a development team.
Knowledge and Skills
- Education: Academic degree (in a technical program of study or in business administration) or equivalent skills/knowledge gained through work experience.
- Work Experience: Minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience. In particular experience and profound knowledge in the following topics is essential:
• Excellent knowledge and experience with Agile/SCRUM software development methodology and popular frameworks (e.g. Angular, Knockout)
• Familiarity and experience with many of the current state-of-the-art development tools including: Jira, Confluence, Bit Bucket, GIT, Maven, Eclipse, IntelliJ, Gradle
• Customer focused behavior, consultancy and presentation skills. Excellent communication skills and interest in customer contact
• Excellent know-how in development and design of software and application architecture. Strong relational database skills (preferable Oracle and DB2)
• Advanced knowledge of software development processes and of quality assurance of software solutions, security and IT services
• Advanced knowledge of prevalent areas, such as Microsoft, Linux, infrastructure, system administration, networks and data base design
• Literate (able to write credible documents) and numerate (confident with estimating effort)
• Excellent English skills (written and spoken)
Accountabilities (Subtasks and Detailed description of the activity/activities)
- Resolving Development Tasks: Resolving the development task for complex WN standard solutions and individual software with clients and/or customers. Inquiring, capturing and matching requirements to create a profile of requirements and adjust it with all project participants, so that the relevant aspects of the development tasks, including the complexity and deadlines, are defined.
- Concepts of Solution: Compiling of the overall solution concept and selecting of the concept which can be effectively realized under the consideration of different platform- and architecture concepts, solution-components and experiences. Developing contract specifications, test agreements and other documents to describe the concept. Adjusting the concept with the development team and other relevant divisions, partners and subcontractors. If applicable agreeing and controlling partial orders with (where appropriate, external) development partners.
- Development of Solutions: Structuring the overall development task in subtasks and controlling the accomplishment. Assembling all solution elements to the overall solution under the consideration of available and established solutions and procedures as well as creating new re-usable solution elements. Apply development tasks. Create implementation- and testing instructions.
Chairing the discussions of all development steps with the development team and if applicable with development partners.
- Construction, testing and configuring of solutions: Planning and implementing test concepts, configuration- and commissioning processes of the overall solution. Completely ensuring, in detail and also in the system network, promised functions as well as legal and industry standard requirements. Documenting accomplished tests and detecting deviations; if applicable, analyze them, initiate necessary changes and observe them. Developing and providing test software. Releasing the overall solution.
- Piloting within the Customer Environment: Planning and accomplishing the pilot project of the overall solution at the customer’s location, setting measuring- and monitoring parameters. Installing and commissioning the solution, as well as support the integration and commissioning at the customer.
- Maintenance of solutions: Observing of quality reports with the field (pilot operation, problem-management system), and, if required initiate corrective arrangements. Planning of versions and release levels.
- Documentation: Planning and creating of product information, professional handbook preparation, studies, training materials, and professional templates for customer offers.
- Cost Estimation and Controlling: Estimation of the financial and temporal development effort and, in case of deviations, take appropriate measures.
- Management of Development Tasks and Projects: According to the rules of the project management, accomplish the development tasks/ -projects. Creating and observing the project plan (deadlines, effort, resources). Convey the project solutions to management and the clients communicatively and, duly publish project changes as well as continuously align objectives and plan-fulfillments.
- Trainings and Workshops: Planning and accomplishing trainings and workshops for employees, partners and customers as well as develop new concepts. If applicable, agreeing and accomplishing customer workshops and presentations in the context of sales activities.
- Functional Leadership: Depending on the scope of the task and the project organization, leading other team members as a functional authority. This includes, in close consultation with the line management and/or the responsible Project Manager, planning and coordinating of subtasks and monitoring and controlling the professional and timely execution of work tasks and results.