Account Payable / Receivable Rep I -
Westwood, MA 02090 | 3 Months
Provides direct support for processing the day-to-day vendor invoice entry, payments and check requests and expense reimbursements. This position’s primary job function is data entry of Steward’s accounts payable invoices into Meditech software and indexing documents in OnBase document storage software.
- Processes various types of accounts payable transactions;
- Creates form in OnBase for new vendors;
- Reconciles monthly vendor statements and reports any pending problems to analyst;
- Interacts with the A/P analyst team on a frequent basis to resolve GL coding issues or missing approvals;
- May have limited contact with inter-department employees;
- Functions as a member of A/P team in completing other various department objectives including assisting AP analysts when needed;
- Promotes, models, and oversees the mission and values of Steward Health Care; and
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to multi-task and willingness to learn new skills;
- Ability to type approximately fifty words per minute;
- Demonstrated experience with general ledger account reconciliations, including month end closing processes and general knowledge of accounting principles;
- Experience in an electronic A/P processing environment/multi-location company preferred;
- Team-oriented individual that can focus on details; and
- Ability to deal effectively with tight month end closing process.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience (Type & Length): 1+ years’ experience of accounts payable processing preferred. Experience in an electronic A/P processing environment/multi-location company preferred.
IV. Software/Hardware: Familiarity with Meditech Software preferred. Proficient with Excel spreadsheets to develop account reconciliations.