Troy, MI 48083 | 3 months Contract To Hire
Locations : Troy, MI 48083 or Bohemia, NY 11716
Duration : 3-6 Months Contract to Perm
Description/Comment: Engineer, Unity Pro Application
The Unity Pro Application Engineers in Client are highly motivated and pragmatic individuals who demonstrate excellent communication and relationship skills coupled with deep technical knowledge of the customer process as well as the Client offer. They can understand complex industrial problems and can overcome diverse obstacles to develop and realize creative and effective solutions utilizing SE hardware and software.
This position involves designing Unity Pro logic applications to control the building process automation at Facebook data centers.
As experts, Unity Application Engineers exhibit the following strengths:
- Operational Management (Unity Pro, Vijeo Designer, “C++”, Visual Basic)
- Logic Design (Structured Text, Ladder, DFBs)
- Controls and Connectivity (PACs, Industrial networks, Ethernet Networks)
- Field Devices (Computers, M580 PAC, M580 HSBY, HMIs, Sensors, etc.)
- Electrical and Control Drawings (field I/O, power distribution, etc.)
- P&ID Loop Control
- Derived Function Block (development and application)
- Derived Data Type Management
- Change management and rev control
- Clear communication skills, must be able to collaborate with design team and follow directions of lead engineer
Develop building process control logic in Unity Pro for M580 HSBY PACs using the Facebook Design Standards, Derived Data Type (DDT) List, Derived Function Block (DFBs) Library, and Sequence of Operations (SOOs).
Update DDT lists based on final SOO and logic development.
Design applications using the standard DFBs as building blocks using existing Facebook applications as a template for the program structure.
Attend internal and customer design meetings to review programs.
Collaborate within a diverse global team.
Document code per the applications already developed.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience designing, implementing, troubleshooting, and commissioning PLC/Process Automation applications, especially with Client products
- Experience writing industrial control applications
- Experience with industry standard communication protocols such as Modbus, OPC, Modbus TCP/IP, Ethernet IP, and BACnet
- Experience with integrating devices from multiple vendors into a packaged solution
- Experience with Industrial applications
- Knowledgeable in computer networking architectures, topologies, and hardware
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft operating systems and software applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively alone and in a group settings, team oriented, self-motivated, and results driven
- Knowledgeable in computer programming languages (VB, C#, C++)
- Willingness to travel to customer sites (approximately 20-30%)
This position requires presence at customer sites, and as such, a candidate must be able to obtain necessary clearance and/or credentials to travel abroad and comply with customer requirements for executing work on their site. The types of credentials that might be required include, but are not limited to, passports, Homeland Security clearance, drug and alcohol, background, and credit checks, etc.