Embedded Software Engineer
O Fallon, MO 63368
Embedded Software Engineer *LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY*
The embedded software team in St. Louis, Missouri is looking for a firmware engineering contractor who will be responsible for the design, implementation, and debug of firmware for embedded computer platforms.
Application-layer firmware development will be performed using primarily C code while working with In-Circuit emulators and commandline development tools.
Minimum 3 years of industry experience, prefer at least 5.
Initial contract is for 6 months, but if work forecast permits and the applicant is a good fit, will likely extend at 3 month intervals for a longer duration.
Prefer candidates that are intending to stay longer than 6 months if the situation presents itself (2 years likely).
The candidate should meet the following requirements:
• Bachelors of Science or Masters of Science in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or equivalent
• Embedded software/firmware development experience
• Excellent C programming language skills
• Creative problem solving skills and diagnostic abilities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work within a team development environment In addition, the following would be beneficial:
• Experience with firmware development using an RTOS
• Experience with writing drivers and other low level code interfacing directly with hardware (UART, SPI, I2C, CAN)
• Ability to read and interpret schematics and data sheets
• Experience with the use of oscilloscopes and other hardware debugging techniques
• Experience with HTML and other network interfaces