Support Client's ability to achieve its financial and strategic goals through effective underwriting. Underwriting support primarily includes identifying, evaluating, and managing risk in order to maximize revenue, membership and earnings.
Support underwriting and/or accounting functions as directed by supervisor in support of stated mission and key performance measures. Scope may be limitd to a single (or minimal number of) products, markets, financial arrangements and/or rating methodology. This position involves technical work and some application of underwriting, accounting and/or financial principles. The work is task driven. Responsibilities include some analyses.
Fundamental Components & Physical Requirements include but are not limited to (* denotes essential functions)
• Provides underwriting support for new business quotes, renewals, accountings and/or specialized functions (*)
• Produces timely and accurate quotes, renewals and/or accountings (*)
• Analyzes input/outputs for reasonability (e.g., manual rates, benefit revisions, recorded claims, premiums, reserves, ECS charges, account structure, etc.) (*)
• Performs risk assessment functions as directed (e.g., claim determination and membership analysis) to set appropriate premium (*)
• Utilizes rating/financial tools, reference materials, and source systems for premium, membership and claim information (*)
• Applies underwriting guidelines in qualifying risk of adding new members (*)
• Requests additional information as necessary and explains needs (*)
• Maintains integrity of source data and/or accounting data systems (*)
• Identifies and collects information critical to decision making (*)
• Exhibits the following Underwriting Analyst Behaviors
Education and Certification Requirements
BS/BA or equivalent work experience.
Additional Information (situational competencies, skills, work location requirements, etc.)
• Entry-level position.
• Strong math aptitude is essential.
• Analytical, critical thinking, and decision making skills are essential.