Gillette, WY 82717
Position Title: RN Inpatient Hospice
Location: Campbell County Health, Gillette, WY
This is for inpatient Hospice with opportunities to work in outpatient Hospice and Home Health. The schedule is rotating 12 hour shifts.
1. General job duties. Types of procedures required. Working in conjunction with the Home Health and Hospice Director and Clinical Supervisor, the RN assesses, plans, implements and collaborates with other departments to ensure excellence in patient and family care, reflective of CCH mission, vision and values. This position is for our inpatient Hospice facility and requires the ability to work 12 hour shifts The RN will integrate departmental goals for improvement across the care continuum. He/She coordinates and delegates unit and patient care activities, as appropriate, to other health care providers. The RN practices within the framework of the Wyoming Nurse Practice Act, American Nurses Association professional standards, and National Patient Safety Goals.
2. Equipment utilized in the unit/dept. (Is there computerized charting, medication systems, etc.) Home Care (Meditech) EMR. Lift systems in every patient room and tub room.
3. Required skills and minimum years of experience. Prefer 1-2 years of Hospice, Home Health, or Med-Surg experience, but willing to train the right individual.
4. Specific licensures and certifications/registrations required. (ARRT, CRT, BLS, ACLS, etc) Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, holds current WY RN license, CPR
5. Shift or schedule requirements. (Will the employee ever work alone? Is call required? If so, how often? Are weekends required?) 12 hour rotating shifts dependent on availability of staff that prefers night shifts, usually every other weekend and 2 holidays per year. 1 RN and 1 CNA scheduled per shift. Support staff available during post orientation period until all competencies are completed.
6. Floating to other units/departments. (If so, to which units/departments?) Possible opportunity to cross train to community based program for HH and Hospice, operated under same leadership and staff, once successful orientation completed in inpatient unit and dependent on department needs.
7. Bed size/number of rooms for this unit/dept. 6 hospice suites.
8. Nurse to patient ratio of this unit. (nursing only) 1 RN for up to 6 patients
9. Dress Code: Scrubs
10. Tell us about the unit/department specific training and orientation program. Orientation dependent on previous Hospice/HomeHealth experience, but averages approximately 4 weeks for unit specific orientation, with 1 week of organizational orientation for RNs. If opportunity for cross training to community based Home Health and Hospice services, orientation would include additional 2 – 4 months DOE.