Tampa, FL 33634 | 5 Months
The Instructional Designer plans. organizes. develops and analyzes training curricula. materials. CBTs and programs to meet specific training needs and business goals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses designs and develops ?user-friendly? instructional materials including training modules. manuals. teaching aids. leader led. self-paced study and implements multimedia for a blended learning environment.
- Designs programs using a systematic instructional design process with an outcomes-based methodology.
- Conducts structured needs assessments and provides detailed recommendations to Director. Training and Org. Development.
- Develops and designs training scripts to be used in learning lesson plans.
- Evaluates training programs using systematic instructional design process.
- Revises existing training materials and programs based on audit results. questionnaires. changing procedures and feedback from internal/external customers. subject matter experts. program sponsors and trainers.
- Teaches and mentors trainers to maximize group dynamics through the use of ?learner focused? environments. basic instructional design and accelerated learning methods.
- Reviews all training programs ensuring business needs and design/competency standards are set forth by Director. Training and Org. Development are met.
- Proposes plans to reduce classroom time. increase self-study and online learning with proven ROI
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- An Associate's Degree in in a related field or formal accredited training in instructional design methodologies Required
- 3+ years of experience in a corporate training and development environment and experience directly using theories of adult learning and accelerated learning in a business environment Required
- Other Experience in development of online learning courses Required
- Ability to drive multiple projects Intermediate
- Ability to analyze information and covert related activities into a comprehensive work plan Intermediate
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers and management Intermediate
- Ability to proof large bodies of materials Intermediate
- Demonstrated written communication skills Advanced
- Microsoft Outlook Intermediate Required
- Microsoft Word Intermediate Required
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate Required
- Microsoft Access Intermediate Required
- Microsoft PowerPoint Intermediate Required
- Learning Management Software (LMS) Intermediate Required
- Articulate Intermediate Required
- Macintosh Illustrator Intermediate Required
- Adobe Acrobate Intermediate Required
- SharePoint Intermediate Required