Staff Software Performance Engineer
Palo Alto, CA | Full time
Locations : Palo Alto, CA
Duration : Direct Hire
We are looking for a passionate and experienced hands-on engineer to join our Performance Engineering team.
Your focus will be on building a well-designed framework to measure performance characteristics of our product suite, identifying performance regressions across the breadth of functionality, and driving to the root cause of any degradation.
You will work on speed and throughput of multiple layers including the Java application, database and web browser.
A successful candidate will be driven to build a well-designed framework leveraging the best of available open source technology to simulate high load in our labs to identify bottlenecks and enable analysis to pinpoint cause of slowdown.
- Bring your passion to contribute to an exceptional customer experience regarding performance and scalability of our suite of products.
- Own and operate a performance test suite which is integrated into a Continuous Integration pipeline to detect and troubleshoot degradation.
- Work closely with developers to tune for optimal performance under load.
- Capture, analyze metrics and usage trends to highlight performance improvements in product to delight customers.
- Respond to and resolve customer performance problems on a timely basis.
- BS degree, preferably in a Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 7+ years’ experience in developing or driving performance for large scale web applications
- Successful track record designing and implementing performance testing for large scale web applications using J2EE or .Net stack.
- Good understanding of load testing and profiling tools such as JMeter, Loadrunner, JProfiler, YourKit.
- Good understanding of Shell Scripting, Python, Java or other high level languages.
- Experience in the Java stack. You should be familiar with Java garbage collection and JVM configuration.
- Familiarity with next gen application performance management tools such as New Relic, AppDynamics and CA APM will be a plus.
- Proven ability to collaborate with Architects, Developers and DBA to tune complex systems.
- Working knowledge of system administration across Linux and Windows.
- Familiar with SQL performance tuning.