VDOT Java Dev
Clifton Forge, VA 24422
*local candidates strongly preferred
*ALL work must be performed onsite, no telework
*ALL candidates MUST be able to attend a personal interview, NO phone interviews, NO Skype, NO exceptions
The Senior JAVA Developer is expected to take a lead role within the team; develop/enhance/maintain JAVA code,
ensuring that programming best practices are being followed, prioritizing work effectively,
addressing production issues in a timely manner, and writing system documentation when required.
The successful candidate should have strong communication skills to be effective in both technical
and business requirement discussions.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Ability to develop applications and backend services using C#, ASP.NET MVC, Web API, Java, Java Script, JQuery, Angular JS, Node.js and CSS
- Design and develop using appropriate software design patterns to attain high reusability and maintainability.
- Write effective unit tests and integration tests to ensure high quality software delivery
- In-depth knowledge of system design patterns, tiered architecture, and testing practices.
- Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function.
- Ability to plan and manage projects. Ability to solve complex problems by applying best practices.
- Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
- Work with project business and system analysts to clarify the requirements and then implement them
- Participate in code reviews
• Enforce standards and best practices