Visalia, CA 93278 US
Key responsibilities include:
• Maintain and enforce appropriate accounting controls and the business unit’s compliance with the company’s Sarbanes-Oxley internal controls program.
• Ensure compliance with stated process controls including SOX related controls and monthly reviews of business processes to identify existing or emerging gaps.
• Identify, understand, and provide guidance on complex accounting issues in alignment with generally accepted accounting principles and corporate finance policies.
• Serve as primary liaison with external and internal audit teams providing support and coordinating work with the finance team.
• Support workforce management, including supervision and development of local finance team. Will be primarily responsible for monitoring workflow and completion of critical objectives, assisting with questions from the team and mentoring as appropriate.
• Support monthly close and forecast cycle, including review of results for completeness and accuracy, and identification of potential variances throughout the month for weekly flash.
• Support annual profit plan process, including performance of reviews, as well as ensuring proper involvement of local management team.
• Provide operational support to the business unit management team.
• Serve as primary backup for Service Center Group Controller.
• Ability to travel up to 25%
• 4-year Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from an accredited institution
• Strong computer skills including MS Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint in particular)
• Prior experience with an integrated ERP system (Oracle / JDE preferred)
• Demonstrated ability to build successful working relationships both within the finance org and externally with operations / management
• Employee must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
• MS in Accounting, CMA certification, or additional training relevant to position.
• Prior supervisory role in a finance organization
• Hyperion experience
• Advanced Excel skills (use of pivot tables, conditional lookup functions, logic functions)