Wilmington, MA 01887 US
The Cost Accountant will support cost accounting within the Finance department. The Candidate must be a self-starter and able to work in an aggressive, fast-paced, and flexible environment.
This position reports directly to the Manager of Cost Accounting.
• Work with Purchasing to develop annual raw material standard costs.
• Ensure accurate product costing.
• Maintain up-to-date standard costing system with updates as required.
• Provide accurate cost roll-ups and analysis for pricing review.
• Responsible for weekly cost rollups.
• Publish and monitor monthly purchase price variances to budget and current standards.
• Publish and monitor monthly carry over to budget reporting.
• Maintain all standard cost tables monthly to minimize production and purchasing variances.
• Process Workflows in a timely manner
• Maintain documentation of the procedures performed by/in cost accounting.
• Assist with internal and external audit requests.
• Close the books for the Wilmington and Woodstock facilities.
• Manage posting of all production activity through the Oracle ERP accounting system.
• Reconcile cost system to the general ledger.
• Thoroughly understand monthly activity.
• Review margin trends and highlight changes.
• Provide product line and customer profitability analysis.
• Work with Production to plan, coordinate and assist reconciliation of cycle counts and full physical inventories. Supervise the physical counts, monitor results with the team, understand differences, and review results with management.
• Report to management cycle counts / physical inventory activity as required.
• Ensure corporate/divisional policies and procedures are followed.
• Special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or similar
• 5+ years’ experience with a strong understanding of cost accounting principles
• Experience in process cost systems along with knowledge of Oracle or similar ERP systems
• Exceptional Microsoft Excel skills with an aptitude for data manipulation