Administrative Assistant - Jr
Niles, OH 44446 US
Scope of this position is to manage the overall storeroom and receiving operations, maintain mins and max for all storeroom items, and maintain the accuracy of the storeroom inventory including all corresponding records. This role will also be responsible for the administration of purchasing services, supplies, and parts for the plant’s production and maintenance indirect spend needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the management of all activities related to the storeroom, and the storeroom service provider including the training of Client’s systems, policies, and procedures.
• Responsible for managing the operations of receiving, issuing and delivery of goods for the Niles location, which includes administering the controls on receipts and acknowledgements to maintain good records.
• Analyze and evaluate storeroom inventory for SLOB, MIN/MAX levels, potential lower cost alternatives, and alternate sourcing options for problematic goods and/or suppliers.
• Communicate and present updates, presentations, and data for inventory levels, accruals and other metrics as requested.
• Own and maintain the locations MSO process and system for the companies’ materials.
• Manage and maintain relationships with MRO suppliers including hosting them onsite when needed and providing them passes for entry as needed.
• Work with procurement’s commodity management and to ensure proper procurement protocols and policies are followed.
• Function as the plant procurement resource for REQ writer help and training, administrate the SAP access.
• Participate on the location mobile equipment team as the procurement lead by coordinating returns, service, and requests of new equipment.
• Assist the Procurement Operations Manager with BU procurement initiatives and activities, order supplies and be an extension of the procurement Helpchain to the Cleveland location.
• Associate degree from an accredited institution or 5 years of materials management experience in a manufacturing setting in place of degree.
• 1-3 years of experience in a maintenance, materials management, or production control position
• Strong organizational skills to proactively seek statuses
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; strong in MS Excel
• This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.