Airway Heights, WA 99001 US
Perform a series of basic operations using a variety of hand tools, power tools, fixtures, work instructions and test equipment to properly assemble sheet metal aircraft components. Inspect completed work for conformance to Production Planning, verbal and written instructions, sketches and specifications.
Functions and Responsibilities
• Using hand and power tools, scribe, grind, punch, deburr, fit, and drill a variety of sheet metal detail parts, sub-assemblies or complete units by adjusting alignment and mating pieces to ordinary tolerances.
• May perform sizing, riveting, reaming, spot welding, poke tacking and braze preparation.
• May detect and provide input for resolution to faulty operations.
• May check for prescribed dimensions in jigs, fixtures or with calipers, micrometers, height gages and other inspection devices.
• Develop understanding of how the work being done produces a quality part.
• Perform basic repairs such as scratches.
• Follow written instructions and drawings.
• Maintain a clean, organized work area to facilitate manufacturing functions.
• Perform all work in accordance with established standards and safety procedures.
• Ensure proper documentation is entered on manufacturing planning (including correct quantities) and paperless timecard system.
• Work under direct oversight.
• Able to read and understand manufacturing planning and sketches.
• Knows when to stop and ask for clarification.
• Must be able to use mathematics relevant to functions.
• Requires familiarity with machine tools, precision instruments and good manual dexterity.
• Requires the ability to follow demonstrated steps.
Demonstrate proper and safe operation of equipment, and personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, safety glasses/full face shield, hearing protection, heat reflective body garments and gloves as required.
The assembler performs physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and frequent movement of the whole body, such as climbing, lifting up to 50 pounds, balancing and handling of material.