Hauppauge, NY 11788 US
Highly prefer someone with an Aerospace/Automotive background because of the heavy documentation and standards that are required for this role. Must have a mechanical aptitude. Will be working in a spray paint booth at times. Working with epoxy, chemicals, adhesives. Will be fabricating name plates. Like candidates that work at BAE, Telephonics, TEC, L3 Harris, GE
• Accurately and efficiently assembles/tests a variety of moderate to semi complex
products to achieve customer quality and on time delivery schedules.
• May perform lock wiring and final detailing functions.
• Works on products that contain mostly mechanical and some electrical components,
single and some dual hydraulic systems, and multiple part families. Actively contributes
to lean initiatives to increase productivity and reduce costs.
• Receives limited supervisory guidance.
• Performs moderate to semi complex assembly/test functions utilizing mechanical skills, hand and power tools, mechanical/electronic tools, test equipment, assembly fixtures, and inspection measurement equipment in a manufacturing environment.
• Sets up moderate to semi complex test equipment on a variety of products to measure and record valve or system conformance to test specifications. Sets up test stands with appropriate plumbing for hydraulic, pneumatic, fuel, and cryogenic tests from required product test specifications.
• Verifies accuracy of test stand and set up prior to testing and makes necessary adjustments to attain specified test results.
• Conducts tests using common and/or computerized data acquisition equipment (i.e. Labview), and interprets/records test results on data forms. Uses X Y recorders, oscilloscopes, transducers, and other related equipment.
• Troubleshoots and reworks malfunctions disclosed by test data.
• Performs diagnostic teardown and rebuilding including evaluation of suitability of components.
• Produces and inspects assemblies that conform to product specifications. Assembles, tests, and/or solders. to customer and/or industry standards.
• Interprets blueprints, engineering orders, assembly routes, test specifications, service bulletins, customer requirements, and quality directives.
• Actively implements lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement.
• May interface with manufacturing engineering and production control to relay product problems and progress of work.
• Observes all safety rules and maintains a foreign object damage (FOD) free work area.
• Assists in training less experienced team members.
• 13. Ensures all equipment is calibrated in accordance with calibration schedule.
• 14. May perform other related responsibilities.
• Five or more years direct industry related experience in assembly/test in a high technology manufacturing environment.
• Demonstrate understanding of semi complex products involving electronics, dual systems, and multiple part. families.
• Demonstrate product and process knowledge by applying it to newly learned techniques.
• Able to research problems and develop solutions, incorporating multiple variables, to successfully repair product to serviceable condition.
• Able to work with limited supervisory guidance. Familiar with and able to set up most test fixtures.
• Able to adapt to procedures, techniques, and/or processes to meet special needs on varied assignments.
• Proficient in reading and understanding blueprints, route sheets, and test specifications. Perform semi complex mathematical calculations, as well as demonstrate effective verbal, written, and basic computer skills.
• Strong mechanical reasoning, as well as hydraulic and/or electrical background required. Measurement conversion and fluids theory knowledge required for test applications. Leakage, flow, friction, and pressure knowledge required.
• Able to implement and effectively apply lean initiatives.
• Serve as a resource to other team members and assist in training efforts.
• Possess effective interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a team environment on research and solution development.
• Able to interpret reports and use standard business software applications. Able to use employee self service to access on line information and use specialized automated systems (i.e. PMR, TORS, e mail).
• May require specialized certification specific to division requirements (i.e. certified operator, FAA repair license, soldering certification).
• Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal setting, performance feedback, and self development activities