Hauppauge, NY 11788 US
Looking for candidates with electronic technical experience not mechanical
Accurately and efficiently assembles/tests a variety of complex products to achieve customer quality and on time delivery schedules. Works on products that contain mechanical, electronic, and dual hydraulic systems. Works with multiple part families. Actively contributes to lean initiatives to increase productivity and reduce costs.
Works independently with minimum supervisory guidance.
1. Performs complex assembly/test functions utilizing mechanical skills, hand and power tools, mechanical/electronic tools, test equipment, assembly fixtures, and inspection measurement equipment in a manufacturing environment.
2. Sets up complex test equipment on a variety of products to measure and record valve or system conformance totest specifications. Sets up test stands with appropriate plumbing for hydraulic, pneumatic, fuel, and cryogenic tests from required product test specifications.
3. Verifies accuracy of test stand and set up prior to testing and makes necessary adjustments to attain specified test results. Trouble shoots and resolves most set up problems independently.
4. Conducts tests using common and/or computerized data acquisition equipment (i.e. Labview), and interprets/records test results on data forms. Uses X Y recorders, oscilloscopes, transducers, and other related equipment. Troubleshoots and reworks malfunctions disclosed by test data independently. Verifies new production assembly and test procedures and recommends processes to achieve desired results.
5. Performs diagnostic teardown and rebuilding of product, including evaluation of suitability of components, according to customer specifications.
6. Produces and inspects assemblies that conform to product specifications. Assembles, tests, and/or solders to customer and/or industry standards.
7. Interprets blueprints, engineering orders, assembly routes, test specifications, service bulletins, customer requirements, and quality directives.
8. Actively leads lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement.
9. Interfaces with support functions to solve product problems and conduct work according to business contract.
10. May perform machining operations related to product acceptance procedures (i.e. pre /re trim).
11. May travel to the customer to research, identify, and repair product failures. Could be expected to travel to acquired company to support product integration.
12. May perform inspection tasks as required to gather dimensional values, utilizing high resolution measuring instrumentation.
13. Observes all safety rules and maintains a foreign object damage (FOD) free work area. Ensures all equipment is calibrated in accordance with calibration schedule. Conducts training of less experienced team members.
14. May perform other related responsibilities.
Seven or more years direct industry related experience in both assembly/test in a high technology manufacturing environment. Able to work independently with limited supervisory guidance. Knowledge of Client Aerospace products desired.
Demonstrate a broad and comprehensive understanding of complex hydraulic, pneumatic, or fuel products involving electronics, dual systems, and multiple part families.
Possess extensive historical knowledge of product and process situations normally encountered.
Able to research problems and develop solutions, incorporating multiple variables, to successfully repair products to serviceable condition.
As required, must be able to set up test fixtures independently. Able to adapt to procedures, techniques, and/or processes to meet special needs on varied assignments.
Proficient in reading and understanding blueprints, route sheets, and test specifications. Perform semi complex mathematical calculations, as well as demonstrate effective verbal, written, and basic computer skills.
Possess excellent mechanical reasoning. Hydraulic and/or electrical background required. Measurement conversion and fluids theory knowledge required for test applications. Leakage, flow, friction, and pressureknowledge required.
Able to implement and effectively apply lean initiatives.
Serve as a resource to other team members and assist in training efforts. Possess effective interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a team environment on research and solution development.
Able to interpret reports and use standard business software applications. Able to use employee self service system to access on line information and use specialized automated systems (i.e. PMR,TORS, e mail).
May require specialized certification specific to division requirements (i.e. certified operator, FAA repair license, soldering certification).Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal setting, performancefeedback, and self development activities.
TYPICAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time. The team member is required to demonstrate manual dexterity and use hands to assemble parts and use test equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Also expected of the team member is regular attendance, the ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others. May be required to lift 50 lbs