Austin, TX 78735 US
Duration: 9 - 12 months
• Contractor will help drive sourcing activities with engineering services work
• Individual must have experience with indirect commodities / services
• Will also be participating in supplier consolidation
• Must be strong in Excel, pivot tables, working with data
• Technical background strongly preferred
• Must be comfortable working with executives at Director level and above
• Junior level position
The Buyer 2 will be responsible for strategic sourcing of Engineering Services. This includes coordinated long-term approach on cost, quality, and service and working with internal business partners to execute supplier consolidation. The Buyer 2 will be responsible for negotiating pricing, service levels, master agreements and statements of work for outsourced Engineering projects. Developing successful relationships with internal customers and suppliers is key. The individual will work with senior Client technical leadership to develop and execute sourcing strategies.
You are a self-starter and proactive at identifying sourcing opportunities and driving initiatives with key partners—with minimum involvement from management. You have an interest in technology and passion to help Client develop a supplier ecosystem capable to deliver leading edge solutions at competitive cost through outstanding negotiation and communication skills critical to this role! You are an excellent communicator and collaborator, who can present to all levels.
In this role you will work with business units and all levels of Client management to understand and set cost targets for Engineering Services categories, as well as lead RFPs, sourcing process & analysis, price negotiation, cost reduction, negotiate agreements and statement of work for the category. You will implement contracts to minimize Client risk and enable supplier accountability for non-performance.
• Develop and execute supplier requests for proposal (RFPs)
• Collaborate with internal business partners to develop statements of work (SOWs).
• Negotiate pricing, contracts and statements of work with suppliers, internal clients and legal support.
• Demonstrate efficient and effective use of strategic sourcing and Procure-to-Pay processes.
• Implement all activities associated with Source-to-Pay such that orders are issued and invoiced in a timely manner.
• Understand cross-functional and cross site business processes to support operational (PO) process execution. Participate in process improvement initiatives.
• Drive supplier consolidation in partnership with internal business partners and regional procurement teams.
The ideal candidate will have intermediate to senior level experience with sourcing, negotiating, and contracting for software for a global company.
• Experience sourcing and negotiating Engineering services
• Experience working cross-functionally as member of a global team
• Contract Negotiation
• Source to Pay
• Market Analytics
Bachelor’s degree is required
Preferred - bachelor’s degree in engineering