Long Branch, NJ 07740 US
• Processes SAP generated purchase requisitions and monitors orders, ensuring suppliers deliver goods on time
• Executes exception messages (postponement / anticipation / cancellation of orders) generated by customer requests
• Enters new material specifications into SAP according to new or transferred projects
• Analyses and evaluates supplier performance and the company key indicators, being responsible to drive continuous improvement actions ( S-OTD , DOH, Excess & Obsolete, Cost Out )
• Sends requests for quotation according to specifications received from requesting departments
• Receives quotations; compares values and makes analyses• Updates database and list of qualified suppliers
• Gathers information and prepares monthly reports
• Implements company policy and procedures; implements ideas for continuous improvement
• Supports the implementation and maintenance of EHS (Environment, Health and Safety) systems. Supports the implementation of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
Qualifications - External
• Bachelor's degree (required)
• 2 years or more experience in working in procurement roles
• SAP knowledge and MS Office applications, experience with lean and continuous improvement tools and processes
• Proactive self-starter; able to take initiative and work independently with a sense of urgency in completing assigned tasks.]
• Ability to manage high-volume workload
• Process-oriented with ability to contribute to continuous improvement.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact effectively
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to partner with different audiences.
• Accurate with a strong focus on attention to detail.
• Strong negotiation and decision making skills