Middlefield, CT 06455 US
The Specialist, CMS Engineering reports to the Manager of Custom Metrology Solutions (CMS) and is primarily responsible for the creation, organization and management of documentation used by Engineering to drive demand of components for custom products. The position involves working with engineering, planning, procurement, and manufacturing to coordinate the requirements to quote and fulfill custom product orders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Quote Workflow review/approval for Special Engineering Requests (SERs), and distribution to Sales/Marketing when complete
• “Refresh” recent SER quotes after expiration dates are past at the request of Sales/Marketing.
• Manage “repeats” of previously-fulfilled SER orders that don’t require new engineering development work.
• Create and update “non-vetted” (as opposed to production-released) item cards in MRP system (NAV). Enter Bills of Material (BOM) for assemblies and set up budgets for projects/jobs in NAV. Process updates/changes per ECO.
• Create and submit RFQs for pricing/leadtime information with Procurement to fully set-up items in NAV, or assist in the preparation of SER quotes.
• Budget entry: Take a BOM from CMS engineers and enter individual line items onto the budget for SER jobs in NAV, then notify Planning to set up demand in NAV with an inventory request.
• Create folders on the network for new SER jobs for the collection and archiving of documentation and data files related to the fulfillment of a SER order.
• Update SER Quote Status Table in Teams once per week (used by Sales/Marketing to review the status of an open SER RFQ).
• Publish Expiring SER Quote emails biweekly, to notify Sales/Marketing of SER quotes that are due to expire in the upcoming 3 weeks.
• Use the online procurement system (Ivalua) to set up purchase requisitions for engineers.
• Place credit card purchases for engineering supplies, tools, equipment and complete monthly Concur expense reports to Accounting for approval of expenditures Applicants must be able to manage the tasks associated with multiple custom product orders simultaneously.
Strong computer skills are a must, and basic project management and organization skills are preferred to ensure custom product orders are fulfilled on time and within budget. Perform other similar and related duties as assigned. Position Requirements: Preferred bachelor’s degree in a technical field, plus 3-5 years’ experience Or associate’s degree, plus 5-7 years related professional experience