New Providnce, NJ 07974 US
Chemistry lab technicians assist chemists in their lab work. As time progresses, lab technicians are completing a greater number of tasks that previously would have been performed by highly trained chemists. Technicians are responsible for monitoring chemical processes and testing products as part of quality assurance. Under the supervision of chemists and other team members, they perform repetitive lab activities, such as setting up lab equipment and preparing chemical solutions. They also conduct tests, interpret and analyze data, compile results, prepare reports, and present their conclusions.
JOB PARTS (Major Job Responsibilities) and JOB TASKS
1. Routine wet analysis of customer’s samples. The typical analysis would include the following among others: pH, TDS, conductivity, concentration by refractometer or acid/base titration (manual and autotitrator), anionic/nonionic titration, microbial load by dip slide, tramp oil and non-emulsified oil, soil load, oil extraction and ICP, IC, FTIR instrument use.
2. Assist in logging in projects and setting up worksheets.
3. Typing reports on final test results assembled from various chemists.
4. Assist in performing critical functions in the lab such as proper disposal of samples, maintaining inventory, reordering of supplies and maintaining 5S.
5. May assist other members of the lab doing special analysis as needed.
6. Performs analysis and maintains the lab so that Client/Chemetall’s quality systems accreditation is maintained.
7. Uses correct safety techniques when handling chemicals and working in the lab.
8. Wears appropriate PPE.
9. Lifting and carrying up to 20lbs., and occasional lifting and carrying of up to 50 lbs.
Associates Degree in Chemistry, with 1-5 years lab experience.
BS in Chemistry or BS in ChemE or very entry recent MS Chemist grad with 2+ exp with ICP
DEPARTMENT: Analytical Lab
Performs routine laboratory testing following specific or detailed work instructions.