Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 US
The primary focus of the position is to conduct formulation lab activities that support the development, registration, and manufacturing of Seed Treatment products for Crop Protection. The qualifying individual will assist in designing and executing experiments, as well as interpreting laboratory results. Experience with safe laboratory practices, sample preparation techniques, physical property evaluation, data acquisition/interpretation, and report writing is desired. This individual will work under moderate supervision as a member of a multi-disciplinary research team in Global Formulation Technology, Seed Treatment.
Key responsibilities will include:
• The candidate will perform a variety of well-defined formulation and characterization tests. This includes operation of specialized equipment/instrumentation for application and characterization.
• With supervision, the individual must be capable of analyzing, planning, and implementing test methods to help develop viable technical solutions. The candidate is also expected to be able to recognize and communicate potential technical hurdles and propose a solution-oriented path forward.
• Must possess strong communication skills. Can effectively communicate experimental findings in presentations and reports. Will be asked to document results and draft manuscripts to support registration and manufacturing.
• Strong team participation. Will liaise closely with key stakeholders from biology, application technology, and marketing. Demonstrates ability to understand project needs and can communicate across disciplines.
• Understands safe lab practices and maintains accurate laboratory records.
Minimum Experience Required:
• B.S. in a scientific discipline such as chemistry or chemical engineering
• Fundamental knowledge of formulation science, chemistry, and/or product development
• Demonstrated hands-on laboratory skills, either in an academic or industrial environment
• Ability to adapt existing laboratory techniques and equipment, and contribute original ideas
• Multi-task oriented and able to manage tight deadline demands
• Team player with ability to build working relationships across functions and locations
• Solid written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Demonstrates a focus on safety, attention to detail, problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Practical Laboratory Skills
• Formulation Science and Product Development
• Polymer Chemistry, Colloids, and/or Surface Science
• Experience with milling, pumping, and other processing/manufacturing procedures
• Experience with physical characterization techniques (rheology, particle size analysis, pH, etc.)
• Experience with application of seed treatments and seed coating products.
• Some activities may require the use of a half mask style respirator. Typical use is 5-15 minutes