Mineral, VA 23117 US
Length of Assignment: Upon completion of onboarding – 1 year (possibility to extend based on performance)
What is the preferred candidate location (local, non-local, remote?) and is there flexibility?
- Local with opportunity for occasional remote work. Will work the hybrid schedule when local (3-4 days on site, 1-2 from “home”).
Top Required Skills
1) Civil Structural experience, emphasis on supports and/or rigging evolutions (required)
2) Versed/qualified (any utility) with preparing specifications
3) Comfortable and capable with office and field work – specifically supporting implementation as a design engineer
4) Nuclear Industry Experience
• What soft skill requirements do you have (team fit and personality requirements)?
o Strong communication skills both verbal and written
o Ability to lead, collaborate, or work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
o Self-starter with a detail-oriented mindset
• Nice to Have Skills:
o Versed/qualified (any utility) in the Commercial Nuclear Standard Design Change Process (IP-ENG-001) (desirable, not required)
o Experience with reviewing manufacturer/supplier documentation, drawings, specifications, etc to ensure new equipment meets specified physical, performance and other requirements
o Major component installation and construction experience
o Experience and knowledge of various codes and standards such as AS Steel Construction, ANSI, and/or ASTM (desirable, not required)
o PE license (desirable, not required)
• High Level Project Overview:
o Day-to-day duties would be to serve as an engineer on a main condenser project, with particular emphasis on supports and riggings for equipment replacements and upgrades. Duties include, but are not limited to, preparation or review of design changes, preparation or review of procurement specifications, supporting field implementations, vendor document reviews as an owner’s representative, visits to vendor facilities when required (an expected occasional responsibility), and review of bids from vendors and installers from a technical perspective.
• Preferred Years of Experience:
o A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
o B.S. or M.S. in Civil or Structural Engineering
o Would consider candidates with other disciplines (example Mechanical) if other experience requirements are satisfied.
• Are there any specific companies/industries you’d like to see in the candidate’s experience?
o Highly prefer experience in the US Commercial Nuclear Industry
• Preferred Interview Process Overview (High level):
o MS Teams