Civil Engineer III
Surry, VA 23883 US
Top 3 Required Skills
• Experience with equipment design and procurement specification document development
• Engineering design change qualified (Standard Design Process IP-ENG-001)
• Nuclear industry experience
• Familiarity with standard civil engineering codes
• Qualifications for writing equipment specifications
• Experience with large complex projects
• 10 CFR 50.59 Screen preparation and review experience
Soft Skills Required
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including interpersonal, meeting facilitation and presentation capabilities
• Ability to lead, collaborate, or work effectively with a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
• Ability to work and develop rapport with all levels of management and staff
High Level Project Overview:
• The North Anna Power Station Subsequent License Renewal team seeks an engineer versed and competent in the design and fabrication of piping supports, rigging analysis, able to perform design verifications and owners reviews of design change/engineering change packages developed in accordance with the commercial U.S. nuclear fleet standard design process.
• The successful candidate should have a strong working knowledge of civil/structural engineering analysis, evaluations, and component design.
• This position will provide civil engineering support for a variety of large, complex projects at North Anna Power Station which may include Modular Condenser Tube Bundle Replacements, Feedwater Heater Replacements, building modifications, large piping and other major component replacements.
• The successful candidate must be able to schedule and coordinate major engineering segments of complex projects to meet long range design development schedule objectives
• The successful candidate may be called upon to attend station schedule and outage meetings on the behalf of the associated Project Manager.
Required Years of Experience:
• 10+ years of design engineering experience
• Civil/Structural Engineering degree (B.S. minimum, M.S. a plus). (ABET accredited)
* Will accept years of experience in lieu of degree
Are there any specific companies/industries you’d like to see in the candidate’s experience?
• Nuclear Industry experience as a civil design engineer
Preferred Interview Process Overview (High level):
• Virtual Microsoft Teams Interview – Panel Interview with the team – Camera On