Customer Service Representative
Herndon, VA 20171 US
Customer Engagement Manager
The Customer Engagement Manager (CEM) is a key member of the Customer Experience team. The ideal candidate will be a product and solutions expert who can manage the onboarding, training, and special projects for small to large scale SkyBitz Fleets & Tank Monitoring customers as related to the setup, installation, and utilization of SkyBitz IIoT solutions. This is an individual contributor position requiring strong customer facing skills to manage all implementation activities, communications to project stakeholders, and to provide value added training and consulting services while managing customer engagements.
• Lead successful software and hardware deployments, meeting service, cost/budget, and timeline requirements
• Build well-structured project plans aligned with the contracted scope of work by establishing an understanding of project timelines, milestones, key deliverables, and delivery expectations.
• Own and deliver all onboarding components, virtually and in person, including:
o data gathering,
o hardware shipments & scheduling,
o installation process & scheduling,
o coordination with 3rd party vendors,
o system setup,
o technical training on hardware & software,
o field inventory management & support/troubleshooting
• Serve as primary point of contact for customer, company, and 3rd party project stakeholders throughout engagement
• Keep customer and internal teams informed on deployment progress [i.e., project milestones, installation metrics, and action items] via creation and distribution recurring of status reports
• Schedule & lead recurring deployment status meetings with customer & internal stakeholders
• Perform project risk assessment and identify mitigation strategies throughout engagement
• Facilitate working sessions and meetings required to drive customer requirements, communicate status and/or support risk mitigation strategies.
• Work with customers and partners to develop solutions using SkyBitz offerings to accomplish their M2M objectives.
• Provide motivating, creative, and interactive trainings to enhance customer experience and drive customer retention.
• Provide product feedback [i.e., customer requirements, product shortcomings, enhancements, etc.] to SkyBitz Product and/or Engineering teams.
• May act as Sales Engineer for SkyBitz Sales team as needed.
• Acquire detailed knowledge of all SkyBitz products and services to deliver customer implementations successfully, acting as the trusted advisor
Required Skills, Abilities & Knowledge:
• Associates degree required or equivalent relevant experience.
• 3+ years in application software implementation and/or management consulting applying technology to meet customer needs
• 3+ years of Project management experience with expertise working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• Experience in CS, CX, or post-Sales function
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to rapidly identify issues, communicate effectively, and work to resolution
• Strong communicator with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills and ability to deliver stand-up presentations to internal and external audiences
• Ability to understand complex solutions and concisely articulate the value propositions in such a way that is easily understood by target audiences
• Ability to build solid relationships with individuals at all levels
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while managing customer expectations in complex situations
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to self-manage and develop/maintain schedule and priorities.
• Motivated and results-oriented team player
• Travel to customer sites as required
Preferred Skills, Abilities & Knowledge:
• Background in telecommunications, information technology, software and understanding in the IoT/M2M industry preferred.
• 5+ years of relevant functional experience in a SaaS technology environment.
• Full software implementation life cycle experience that includes COTS
We are Telular:
We are Telular, a business unit of Client and a technology leader in IIoT solutions for the commercial telematics, security, and home automation markets. For over thirty years we have made smarter connections for our customers. By combining wireless technologies, purpose-built devices, and SaaS commercial offerings, we’ve been a disruptive force in the IIoT market.
We’re proud of our culture of innovation and dedication to customer success that has put us in a favorable growth position based on a large and loyal customer base and an ever-increasing number of applications for its solutions.