Akron, OH 44333 US
Role will be responsible for review/analysis of DEO’s distribution system for potential Service Off Service (SOS) scenarios. Works in AutoCAD, GIS, Google Earth, SharePoint, and database applications which model utility distribution systems to identify scenarios. This role will also be responsible for generating AutoCAD drawings for confirmed SOS scenarios. Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
1) Perform drafting and design work and complete related paperwork and other engineering recording;
2) Prepare manual or computer assisted drawings in accordance with Company standards;
3) Complete necessary paperwork and input data into company record systems and databases as required;
4) Coordinate activities on Company projects utilizing engineering records, field book and mapping information, etc.;
5) Acquire local, state, and federal permits for distribution and transmission natural gas replacement projects..
6) Assist in the assembling of construction packets
You may work under the direction of like classifications and/or supervisor but would often be left to your own resourcefulness to accomplish the work.
• What are the top (at least 3 if possible) “must have” skill sets (technical/functional) which are required?
• What are the top “nice to have” skill sets? See Job Description in separate document.
- AutoCAD or Similar Software
- Training or Education in Drafting/Design (Open to review resumes from recent college grads that have had education in this subject area)
• What soft skill requirements do you have (team fit and personality requirements)?
- Problem Solving Ability
- Proven ability to work in team and as an individual
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• What education and certifications/licensures are required?
- High school diploma or GED with at least 1 year of AutoCAD (or similar) design experience OR proof of AutoCAD or similar class taken in pursuit of an Engineering degree, OR a certificate of completion of the Basics of AutoCAD/similar
- Vocational or technical training in an engineering or related (drafting/design) discipline.
• Are there any specific companies/industries or ideal background you’d like to see in the candidate’s experience?
- Natural Gas/Utility/Civil Experience
• Per diem eligible?
• Any additional expensible items?
• Would candidate be eligible for mileage reimbursement?
• Will the candidate be driving a vehicle on behalf of Client Energy or a Client Energy vehicle? Personal Vehicle with mileage reimbursement to job sites on occasion.
• Will this candidate be dealing with Private Personal Information (PPI), Company Sensitive Information or Credit Sensitive Information? Yes
• Will candidate require Unescorted Nuclear Access? No
• Do you have a pre-identified candidate? If so, please provide full name and contact information No
• What is the committed timeline for interview and decision making? 1-2 Months
• How will the interviews be conducted? In Person