Akron, OH 44333 US
Monday thru Friday (start time/end time is flexible between the following hours: 7am-330pm, 730am-4pm, 8am-430pm, or 830am to 5pm) – must be able to work one of the provided shifts. Elected shift must be worked daily (example employee choses 730-4pm shift, must work this shift Monday thru Friday for contract period).
Top Skills Required:
- AutoCAD or Similar Software
- Training or Education in Drafting/Design - Open to review resumes from recent college grads that have had education in this subject area
- In your resume, be sure to specify with which CAD platforms you have experience or formal training.
- MS Office
Top Nice to Have Skills (Not Required):
Education and certifications/licensures required:
- High school diploma or GED with at least 1 year of AutoCAD (or similar) design experience OR proof of AutoCAD or similar class taken in pursuit of an Engineering degree, OR a certificate of completion of the Basics of AutoCAD/similar
- Vocational or technical training in an engineering or related (drafting/design) discipline.
Overtime Policy: As needed, not required
Ideal Background (Not Required):
Natural Gas/Utility/Civil Experience
1) Perform drafting and design work and complete related paperwork and other engineering recording;
2) Conduct maintenance activities associated with the design of Company facilities;
3) Prepare manual or computer assisted drawings in accordance with Company standards;
4) Complete necessary paperwork and input data into company record systems as required;
5) Provide information and direction to others regarding company facilities;
6) Coordinate activities on Company projects utilizing engineering records, field book and mapping information, etc.;
7) Compile cost estimates for construction projects;
8) Design the installation and/or relocation of company facilities, including required material and piping configurations for pipelines, services, pressure regulating stations, etc.;
9) Perform duties within the CAD Design Technician classification for which he/she is qualified
10) Review third party civil plans in relation to Company facilities
11) Acquire local, state, and federal permits for distribution and transmission natural gas replacement projects.
12) Assists team members with post construction restoration inspection and customer complaints.
13) Tracking, monitoring, scheduling, and preparing and/or revising various construction CAD drawings related to permitting comments from local jurisdiction review.
14) Monitors vendor activity to ensure compliance with construction and restoration standards. Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
15) Assist in the assembling of construction packets
You may work under the direction of like classifications and/or supervisor but would often be left to your own resourcefulness to accomplish the work.