Richmond, VA 23219 US
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bentley MicroStation CAD software experience
• AutoCAD CAD software experience
• Thorough knowledge of civil/structural engineering, design, & construction principles
• Knowledge of applicable regulations, related codes, and standards
• Knowledge of survey equipment operation and general survey principles and techniques.
• Knowledge and familiarity with various software packages associated with surveying.
• Thorough knowledge of American Concrete Institute’s ACI Detailing Manual and American Institute of Steel Construction’s Detailing for Steel Construction
• Ability to plan, organize, and schedule work independently; to size, layout and detail structural steel and reinforced concrete components; to complete drawings for large and/or complex systems; and to research and implement new applications within the Client CADD system
• Strong MicroStation skills
• Strong Microsoft Office skills including but not limited to: Office, Word, Excel, Etc.
• Strong math skills including geometry and trigonometry required to perform calculations as required
• Excellent communication skills
• Well-developed and effective interpersonal skills
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
• Ability to be on-time and present in (office environment)
• Ability to be on-time and self-motivated in (remote environment)
• Proficiency in ProjectWise drawing file management system (preferred)
What soft skill requirements do you have (team fit and personality requirements)?
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to lead, collaborate, or work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
• Knowledge and ability to work with Microsoft suite tools
• Knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft Teams, Webex, and other remote communication software
Nice to Have Skills:
• Land survey experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Civil/structural design support for multiple Client Energy Power Generation generating stations
• Preparation and review of civil/structural drawings in support of various power station engineering projects
• Preparation and review of civil/structural drawing standards for Power Generation Engineering department
• Develop topographical and plan and profile drawings from surveying notes/data
• Perform site investigations as required
• Provide construction support as required
• Review and comment on 3rd party Vendor, Architect, and Engineer drawing submittals
• Maintain & Update civil/structural drawing record
High Level Project Overview:
• Design, Draft and Review manual and electronic detailed structural or civil engineering drawings, such as structural steel or reinforced concrete drawings (plan, elevation, sections, details), site plans and grading plans (plan, elevation, cross sections, details), demolition drawings, layout drawings, and complex civil/structural shop and construction drawings. This position acts as a technical expert for civil/structural detailing and drafting and may coordinate and direct the work of other lower level designers as applicable. Will require construction site visits. Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
Preferred Years of Experience:
• 5+ years of civil/structural design
• Associates Degree Preferred (demonstrated related knowledge, skills, experience may be substituted for preferred education)
Are there any specific companies/industries you’d like to see in the candidate’s experience?
• Preferred experience in the utility industry (not required)