Riverdale, IA 52722 US
The Electrical Engineer will:
· Coordinate all phases of assigned area electrical engineering projects from concept, scope development, written specifications, bid solicitations, design, manufacturing, equipment commissioning, and project closure
· Lead and participate in problem solving efforts with multi-discipline technical staff, maintenance and production
· Use PI Vision and Data Link to analyze process issues and provide input to solve process problems
· Create and develop electrical control solutions that will support process improvements and improve equipment reliability.
· Assist production and maintenance with equipment and process issues
· PLC/HMI and controls redesign and upgrades of existing processes
· Install and troubleshoot camera systems on industrial equipment
· Incorporate SMART Manufacturing principles and tools into automated inspection systems to improve processes, data collection/analysis, and drive quick results in recovery improvements
· May mentor employees to increase their knowledge of equipment and process, when needed
· While this position is a primarily day-shift position, off-hours support will be required as needed.
Qualifications for Internal Candidates
· Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience designing, installing, maintaining electromechanical systems
· Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
· This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
· Manufacturing experience
· 1-3 years' experience with PLC's, HMI's, AC/DC drives & motors, measuring devices and ethernet cameras
· Proficiency with Rockwell programming software (i.e.: RS Logix and FactoryView)
· 3 years or more of experience in leading electrical projects
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Project programs
· Good oral and written communication skills in a variety of settings (shop floor, peers, plant leadership, etc)
· Demonstrated success as a project implementation manager, including budget and schedule development.
ABOUT Davenport Works