Engineer 3, Software
Irvine, CA 92618 US
The Field Services Engineer provides significant technical expertise and engineering solutions to customers and sales. Also, resolves a variety of technical issues relative to scheduling, installations, troubleshooting and reporting and works to ensure customer satisfaction through quality of work and service.
This position is a critical point of contact with OEM and end-user customers relative to scheduling, execution and reporting of field service activities involving Parker Client Sensing & Monitoring products as well as acting as a technical support resource for Sales.
Job Core Responsibilities
• Perform installations, commissioning and trouble-shooting of Parker Client Sensing & Monitoring hardware and software products and solutions on a wide variety of machine types encountered in the Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Pulp & Paper, and other process industries for OEM and end-user customer.
• Coordinate different personnel, supervise mechanical and electrical sub-trades, and other groups involved in the fulfillment of the service contracts.
• Ensures the service is executed in accordance with contractual agreements to assure customer satisfaction through quality and service.
• Communicates significant technical knowledge effectively and acts as a professional resource for colleagues.
• Assessment of job site safety.
• Support Sales, promote Parker Client Sensing & Monitoring products and services and support the growth initiatives of the business.
• Driving customer satisfaction through problem solving, quality of work and safety.
• Understand contractual commitments and ensure the service is executed in a timely manner and in accordance with the customer's schedule.
• Assure service is executed in accordance with the cost allocations that are budgeted, including direct cost and labor hour management.
• Identify problems and take the initiative to eliminate those problems for project and service event success.
• Complete installation documentation.
• Timely completion of standard service reports, invoicing packages, expense reports and other administrative requirements.
• The primary duties in this job require analysis, interpretation or deductions from facts, available information and data. Requirements involve the comparison and the evaluation of possible results or solutions after considering various possibilities and making recommendations and/or decisions accordingly using professional judgment. Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
Education: Bachelor degree in Electronics or Mechanics or similar Engineering degree required
Years’ Experience: 2+ years of Field Service experience preferred
• Energy and/or Oil & Gas industry experience preferred
• Knowledge of rotating machinery operation and controls systems preferred
• Familiarity with tools including but not limited to: proximity probe test kits, shaker tables, thermocouple calibrator, RTD calibrator, handheld DMM, function generator, power supply, oscilloscope and basic hand tools preferred
• Strong electronics and mechanical trouble shooting skills; hands-on approach; knowledge of machinist tools and electrical trade; ability to read, interpret, and understand mechanical and electrical prints
• Ability and willingness to travel (up to 75%) domestically and internationally on a limited basis required
• Must have valid driver license and passport
• During peak seasons may work significant overtime
• Proficient with computers (including MS Office)
• Experience using AutoCAD preferred
• Familiarity with computer network systems preferred
• Demonstrate authority and assurance dealing with people
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, public presentation and training skills to convey concepts to business and technical personnel
• Effectively communicate technical opinions and recommendations to customers based on supporting data and analysis
• Self-starter with minimal supervision requirement; able to work independently; ability to prioritize, organize work, and meet deadlines
• Ability to set and meet aggressive targets and work under stressful working conditions