Nashville, TN 37243 US
Data Governance Epidemiologist
The Client Department of Health (TDH) collects a variety of public health data and information. These data are collected and used by TDH programs and teams for public health activities, such as surveillance, response, prevention, treatment, research, and reporting. These data are also used by people and organizations outside of TDH to support a wide array of public health activities.
The Data Governance Program within TDH manages processes and tools that facilitate the sharing of data across the Client Department of Health and our stakeholders/partners while providing for the security, privacy, and confidentiality of citizens.
As a member of the Data Governance team, this individual will work with administrators and fellow epidemiologists to evaluate and process incoming data requests and outgoing data sets. This individual will work with a team and will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects including improving the existing data requests system, reporting on number and type of data requests, and supporting the roll-out of a set of updated Aggregate Date Release guidelines.
- Assist the Data Manager in the day-to-day maintenance of the Data Request (DR) System in terms of updates to the DR Database in MS ACCESS, Excel worksheets and workbooks, analysis and generation of qualitative and quantitative graphs, charts, tables regarding the incoming DRs and outgoing DR fulfillment outputs.
- Assist with the gathering of requirements to improve the TDH data request system and methods for storing fulfilled data requests.
- Implement improvements to current Data Request system(s).
- Work with Core Informatics to create/update the TDH Data Inventory and the TDH Data Catalog.
- Apply basic statistical knowledge to data analyses.
- Conduct disclosure risk assessments for data requests, data presentations, summaries, reports for various offices and divisions.
- Provide consultations on risk assessment for aggregate data release.
- Develop and run processes to ensure weekly back-ups are taken of all DR related files, SW, outputs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Working understanding of IT systems.
- Understanding of data visualization techniques and statistical software tools (SAS, SPSS, R).
- Experience in adopting and using software API’s as needed to connect to data sources (both internal and external).
Intermediate to expert level knowledge of visual data analysis tools such as Excel, Tableau, Power BI, database tools such as ACCESS, SEQUEL, ORACLE, and database protocols such as ODBC/JDBC.