Facilities/Maintenance Engineer II
Waterloo, IA 50704 US
Plans, coordinates and performs facilities project and maintenance engineering
work for facility infrastructure, production equipment and processes of
moderate to large scope. Operates in a team environment. Assigns, coordinates
and reviews the work of support and contract personnel. Provides project and
supply management for projects of limited scope. Decisions are made within
established guidelines and may be reviewed by supervisors.
MAJOR DUTIES: Description of the major duties performed in this job.
* Provides engineering design for the infrastructure for the facility,
grounds and production equipment and processes through both internal and
external resources. Projects are more complex and require integration and
coordination of various engineering disciplines.
* Provides project management of projects related to the facility
infrastructure, production machines, equipment and processes that support
the manufacturing and/or distribution operation. Projects are more complex
and may integrate several areas of engineering and require limited
management of outside design professionals and contractors.
* Provides troubleshooting of the facility infrastructure and production
equipment to support production, manufacturing, distribution and
* Responds to critical production down situations affecting manufacturing
and/or distribution operations.
* Maintains project budget cost control on projects assigned through project
cost control system for the unit..
* Provides life, safety and building code analysis and supports and
implements programs within the organization to prevent injuries and
illnesses. Assists in the identification and resolution of potential
environmental, safety, ergonomic and health hazards.
* Researches market for qualified suppliers of materials and services. Seeks
competitive and negotiated sources for materials, equipment and services
for maintenance and new construction projects assigned to engineer.
Prepares purchase orders for management approval.