Cedar Rapids, IA 52404 US
We are looking for experienced Firmware Test Engineer to be part of a multi-functional design environment with individual responsibility in the following areas:
• Firmware Test Engineer responsibilities may include individual responsibilities as to create, modify or use automated test systems.
• The Firmware Test Engineer executes white box, sub system test plans, follow test strategies, documents test cases, documents test results and communicates progress on assignments and activities to the FW Designers or Project Management.
• Among others the FW Test Engineer works with the System Test Leader, System Engineers, Firmware & Hardware Engineers in the System construction setup that leads to execute all applicable test cases and report test progress.
Execution of Verification and Validation Test Plans
• Contribute to project risk assessment providing test cases results.
• Post product launch responsibilities including customer support.
• Work with System Test Leader/System Engineer to define test assignments duration and material or equipment need to complete the test assignments.
• Report and escalate to System Test Leader/FW Engineer/System Engineer as needed.
• Track use-case test plan execution, specifically percent system tests complete through analysis of total test cases planned versus test cases executed.
• Provide progress and issue tracking
In addition, you will be part of the largest corporation in the world dedicated to the safe distribution and control of electrical energy. As such ClientClient is a global company headquartered in Paris with power protection product design centers in Grenoble, France, Shanghai, China, and Cedar Rapids Iowa. Much cross collaboration occurs with these design centers.
This position is in the Cedar Rapids Iowa global design center. It may require approximately 10% travel to affiliate sites, suppliers, and customers.
• US citizenship, Permanent Resident or holder of H1 or L1 visa.
• Bachelors’ degree in electrical or Mechanical engineering from a 4-year accredited University.
• Master’s degree is a Plus.
• At least 4 years of experience working in a new product development environment.
• Be able to show at least one new product development success as a System Test Engineer and be able to articulate responsibilities and role.
• Test System Design experience with electronic products, using LabView or other related Test platforms, Raspberry pi and other general-purpose development boards.
• Be able to show examples of definition of System Use cases test verification validation
• Be able to show User Experience information translated into use case scenario
• Willingness to work in a process driven environment (formalized program management environment)
• C programming & debugging within a unit test environment