Mineral, VA 23117 US
What schedule is the candidate required to work:
4 -10-hour day schedule typically M-Th, there is outage time where the typical schedule would be 6–12-hour days up to the duration of the outage. Some OT is available on as needed basis non-outage.
Top Required Skills
Successful candidate will have the following pedigree:
Major Projects ($100M+) experience
Heat Exchanger/Main Condenser Replacement Experience
Nuclear Industry Experience
Formal Project Management Training
What soft skill requirements do you have (team fit and personality requirements)?
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to lead, collaborate, or work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
Nice to Have Skills:
• PMP Certification
• Primavera Scheduling Software proficiency
• SAP System proficiency
High Level Project Overview:
• Replacement of the existing Main Condensers in both operating nuclear units at North Anna Power Station. Each Main Condenser is comprised of four heat exchanger tube bundles. The inlet and outlet water boxes for each tube bundle will be replaced as part of this effort. Planned approach entails structural reinforcement of each Main Condenser shell, removal of the inlet and outlet water boxes, demolition and removal of the existing tube bundles, rigging and insertion of replacement modular tube bundles in the main condenser shell, installation of replacement water boxes and reconnection to existing support systems. This role will manage the scope, schedule and budget associated with the material procurement and the engineering/construction contractor implementation. A construction management team will be assigned to facilitate planning and oversight of vendor construction activities. An engineering design team will be assigned to support vendor design document owner’s acceptance reviews as well as development and oversight of post modification performance testing and operational acceptance in support of system return to service activities. A cost controls team will be assigned to facilitate accurate cost forecasting and tracking.
• Ensure all projects are executed with Safety and Environmental Compliance as the primary focus of all personnel supporting his/her projects.
• Manages or supports specific phases of major projects including project development support, site development, permitting support (air, water, state, local, etc.), scope development, major contract negotiations (equipment, engineering, EPC, etc), engineering, procurement, and construction contracts, construction activities, commissioning and transition to operation.
• Manages all phases of smaller improvement projects including permitting, contract negotiations, engineering contracts, construction contracts, construction activities and commissioning.
• Develops and manages overall project budget and schedule for major and smaller projects.
• Manage the approved project financial spend plan and cost forecast, making decisions to meet project financial goals.
• Manage contracts / commercial aspects of the project with Client’s suppliers and contractors.
• Manage all project related administrative requirements as per PM process.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in project management, relevant technologies, and leadership in the assigned project areas.
• Working knowledge of power generation and pollution control equipment. General knowledge of construction and operational field work practices, equipment utilization and work component scheduling.
• Familiarity with OSHA scaffolding requirements and industry safety practices.
• Strong team building skills, demonstrated skill and ability in effectively leading teams to achieve project goals and milestones.
• Demonstrates skill in planning, organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work to meet construction deadlines.
• Demonstrated capability in handling multiple distinct projects at one time.
• Effective negotiation skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including interpersonal, facilitation, and presentation capabilities.
• Ability to develop, manage and monitor project performance to ensure results meet project requirements and schedules.
• Ability to coordinate the resolution of technical problems and implement changes.
• Ability to work and develop rapport with all levels of management and staff.
• Ability to represent the project and the company in public forums
• Skilled in problem solving, attention to detail. Skilled in comparing construction specifications and material requirements to physical and material work products.
• Skilled in reading and interpreting manuals, technical instructions and drawings, with an ability to accurately prepare brief written reports.
The PM will self-manage travel between assigned sites as required, if multiple sites are included in the job posting specifics.
Preferred Years of Experience:
• 10+ years of Project Management experience in the Nuclear Industry
• 4 year degree preferred, not mandatory
Are there any specific companies/industries you’d like to see in the candidate’s experience?
• Must have prior experience on major capital projects (100M+) in the nuclear industry as a project manager