Human Resources Representative
Jackson, MN 56143 US
Summary of Position
The Human Resources Generalist role supports the Human Resources team, managers, and employees with the purpose of optimizing the productivity and effectiveness of the organization. The role focuses on employee recruitment and retention, leave management, employee relations, record maintenance and compliance, and providing Human Resources support to the business as needed. The position is located in Jackson, MN and will also provide remote HR support to locations in Montevideo, MN, Eden Prairie, MN, and Waukegan, IL.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent field required.
• 3-5 years of experience in Human Resources or Administrative role required.
• Effective Human Resources administration and people management skills.
• Understanding of Human Resources functions and best practices.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
• Works well under pressure with a proven track record of meeting deadlines.
• Highly computer literate with capability in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Fantastic organizational and time management skills.
• Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Spanish language skills a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Create, track, and manage open job requisitions.
• Manage the recruiting process identifying and interviewing the most qualified candidates.
• Complete the offer, pre-employment, and onboarding processes for new hires leveraging applicant tracking and HRIS software.
• Create new employee personnel, medical, and training files while simultaneously keeping current employee records up to date and organized.
• Perform routine tasks, as needed, required to administer and execute Human Resources programs including but not limited to benefits, leave management, employee relations, and occupational health and safety.
• Navigate employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the leadership team.
• Attend and participate in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations when appropriate.
• Ensure legal compliance of state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws.
• Assist in developing and executing personnel procedures and policies, providing guidance and interpretation for business operations.
• Participate in development of Human Resources objectives and systems, including metrics and standard reports.
• Make photocopies, process mailings, complete scans, emails documents, and perform other clerical functions as needed.
• Perform other related duties and projects as assigned.
Work Environment: Office with occasional manufacturing exposure
Atmospheric Conditions: Indoors
Temperature Extremes: None
Materials, Tools and Equipment Used: Office equipment