Hampton, VA 23661 US
Work with the Continuous Improvement Team to act as a subject matter expert on data analysis and visualization. Aid in the development and deployment of dashboards, the formulation of KPIs. Provide mentoring to employees on data-related issues like analysis, integrity and governance.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
• Provide data structure and interface planning support.
• Write basic to intermediate level SQL Queries.
• Clean and prepare data for visualization and analysis.
• Develop and test new analytic approaches and applications within Client.
• Provide and coordinate data analytics training.
• Support yield improvement activities with advanced data analytics at Client facilities globally.
• Work closely with diverse technical teams on process improvement and development efforts.
• Comply with all sites required policies and procedures including but not limited to: EHS, Quality, Code of Conduct and HR Policies
Skills & Abilities:
• Proficiency in business intelligence software like Power BI (preferred), Tableau or Qualtrics.
• Strong written and oral communications skills, project planning ability, and ability to effectively use MS Office applications.
• Self-starter, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to excel within a team environment.
• Must be able to function as a member of the team
• Must be able to maintain expected quality levels
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics
• Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
• This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
• 2 years of experience in analytics post-graduation
• Experience with both Oracle SQL and Microsoft SQL Server
• Proficiency with Power BI
• Knowledge of DAX and M Query Language (Power BI)
• Hands on experience and proven success in manipulating and applying advanced statistical analysis methods to real world data
• In-depth knowledge of statistical software packages and advanced analytics software packages and advanced analytics techniques
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree