Inventory Control Specialist
Broomfield, CO 80021
Locations : Broomfield, CO 80021
Duration : 6 Months Contract
The Inventory Control Specialist will be responsible for reviewing and developing insights from various data fields in the Inventory Control space. After gaining alignment on the implications of any analysis, the Specialist will often need to execute next steps directly through the business systems or through working with others.
Data aggregation, analysis, and reporting:
Using various data sources (SAP, eCommerce Maestro, etc.) the Specialist will orient and review data looking for errors to be corrected, opportunities to optimize business performance, or to bring clarity to a business decision.
This work will often require both analytical problem solving as well as working through existing well mapped business processes.
The Inventory Control Specialist works with Danone North America co-manufacturers and distribution centers to ensure efficient and accurate accounting of raw material and finished goods inventory.
- Monitor “aged” inventories – ensure disposal of expired inventory within guidelines
- Receive production and interplant transfers into SAP and ensure outbound orders are posted within guidelines
- Perform monthly and weekly inventory reconciliation of finished goods, raw materials, packaging, and raw milk (if applicable)
- Perform other inventory management transactions as needed (e.g., scrap, blocking, cycle counts)
- Partner with 3rd Party co-manufacturers and distribution centers to ensure timely and accurate reporting of activity
- Resolve electronic data exchange failures and reprocess as needed
Provide best-in-class communication internally and externally, by anticipating inquiries and follow-up activities; staying on top of outstanding questions and cross-functional activity; and developing effective relationships with cross-functional stakeholders
- Embrace a customer-service mindset for interactions with all internal/external contacts
- Interact with plant management/personnel to ensure reporting and communication meet quality standards
- Develop cross-functional educational material (e.g., brownbag presentations) to ensure understanding of key activities, interactions, and processes, by internal stakeholders in and out of Supply Chain
PREFERRED CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 4-year college degree in business, supply chain, or related field, or suitable experience.
- Intermediate skill levels in Microsoft Excel and the ability / desire to become expert / advanced.
- Experience with SAP preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently with flexibility, and make informed, data-driven decisions
- Ability to work and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to understand business process and the enabling I.T. tools supporting that process.
- Growing ability to influence decisions and activity across a cross-functional team
- Ability to contribute enthusiasm, support, and cooperation in performing job duties and responsibilities on a daily basis
- Flawless attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to develop positive working relationships, inside and outside the organization
- Continuous improvement mind-set
- Ability to meet required deadlines