Machine Operator I
Camarillo, CA 93010 US
Set up and operate and program and conventional equipment to produce a variety of high-quality machined parts within established time standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules, and expedite workflow.
• Issue written and oral instructions.
• Assign duties and examine work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
• Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of workers.
• Maintain harmony among workers and resolve grievances.
• Identify employees’ skills and develop them by coaching and counseling employees on a regular basis.
• Perform new set-ups on all machines in assigned work areas including, N/C tape loading, tool and fixture change, offset adjustments and first article verification. Modify programs to correct errors or compensate for cutting tool substitutions.
• Write N/C programs.
Job Knowledge / Skills Preferred:
• Ability to carry work materials up to 40 lbs. on a regular basis.
• Ability to lift work materials up to 40 lbs 60 inches about the floor on a regular basis.
• Ability to load and unload materials using bending, reaching and twisting body movements.
• Ability to tighten and loosen clamping mechanisms using arm and wrist twisting movements.
• Ability to use measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers, drop indicator, optical comparator and surface plate with indicators, “V” blocks and sine plates.
• Ability to interpret G&H Technology manufacturing blueprints, engineering sketches and set up illustrations.
• Ability to calculate tolerance zones from unilateral, bilateral and geometrical tolerance call outs.
• Ability to read and understand the numerical control programs’ effect on machine tool operation.
• Ability to read, write and understand set up illustrations.
• Ability to read and write numerical control programs.
• Ability to operate conventional lathes, mills and grinders.
• Ability to sharpen basic cutting tolls and drills.
• Ability to operate N/C controllers to change cutters and fixtures, load programs and adjust offsets.
Education or Experience Preferred:
• Basic knowledge of math to include addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimals, fractions and negative numbers for use in a machine shop environment.
• Ability to read and understand work instructions in English.
• Ability to verbally communicate in English.
As an ITAR facility, this position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR.
ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.