Camarillo, CA 93010 US
Position Function: Machine Operator complete a variety of maintenance, development, and operations task. A Machinist III will support the transition between production and runs various CNC machines such as lathes and mills. And while ensuring quality parts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Properly set tools in machine locations required for set-up & perform part changeover including program retrieval and input.
• Establish work offsets (G54, G55, etc.) manually and utilizing probing technology.
• Read, understand, and reset CNC machine program codes.
• Be able to calculate and input axis coordinates for CNC machines up to 3 axis’s or use spindle probe to determine work offsets.
• Calculate and input axis coordinates X, Y and Z or use spindle probe to determine work offsets.
• Utilize Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing results to make adjustments to work offsets.
• Perform new set-ups on all machines in assigned work areas including, N/C tape loading, tool and fixture change, offset adjustments and first article verification. Modify programs to correct errors or compensate for cutting tool substitutions.
• Responsible for measuring dimensions on own work and as appropriate, work of others, using measuring tools and gages provided to ensure compliance with specified dimensions.
• Work in a safe manner and perform housekeeping duties to maintain safety and assure proper maintenance of a safe and clean work area.
• Assist M/S Operators with any tooling, fixturing, or programming problems occurring during size change set-ups.
• Provide direction, training, and support to M/S Operators I, II, in assigned work area, in machine operation, product quality, safety and housekeeping. Training progress is reported to Operations Supervisor.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Minimum of five to ten (5-10) years’ experience operating CNC lathes and/or mills in a manufacturing or operations environment or equivalent education.
• Able to read and understand work instructions in English.
• Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
Job Knowledge / Skills Preferred:
• Ability to carry work materials up to 40 lbs. on a regular basis.
• Ability to lift work materials up to 40 lbs 60 inches about the floor on a regular basis.
• Ability to load and unload materials using bending, reaching, and twisting body movements.
• Ability to tighten and loosen clamping mechanisms using arm and wrist twisting movements.
• Ability to use measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers, drop indicator, optical comparator and surface plate with indicators, “V” blocks and sine plates.
• Ability to calculate tolerance zones from unilateral, bilateral, and geometrical tolerance call outs.
• Ability to read and understand the numerical control programs’ effect on machine tool operation.
• Ability to read, write and understand set up illustrations and numerical control programs.
• Ability to operate conventional lathes, mills, and grinders.
• Ability to sharpen basic cutting tolls and drills.
• Ability to operate N/C controllers to change cutters and fixtures, load programs and adjust offsets.
• General safety
• Foreign Object Awareness
• Quality System Awareness
• Quality Policy
• Quality Objectives
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Prolonged standing.
• Constant movement between machines.
• Constant monitoring of work, tools, and equipment.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Exposure to moderate machine shop noise level, lubricating oils and moisture.
• Closed in ventilated shop with mild changes of temperature levels.
• Safety glasses are required in work area.