Irvine, CA 92618 US
Looking for candidates with HONING experience
Operates various conventional and/or numerically controlled machining centers on semi complex jobs. Works
from blueprints, sketches, planning sheets, verbal instructions, and/or engineering, tooling, or equipment
information. Contributes to lean initiatives to increase productivity and reduce costs. Works with limited
guidance in a team environment.
1. Sets up and runs multiple production machines. Performs machine operations (including reworking parts)
such as cutting, shaping, deburring, forming, drilling, and reaming parts. Performs machine operations where the
materials, tooling, and sequence of operations have been pre planned and established. Makes necessary machine
adjustments and reports improper machine functioning or cutting action for correction.
2. Aligns and fastens work using standard fixtures and established methods.
3. Installs and adjusts cutting tools consistent with type and size of material being machined.
4. Follows established manufacturing methods using standard production machines, materials, and tooling.
5. Adjusts feeds, speeds, and depth of cut to machine quality parts, per documentation.
6. Operates hand and power tools to deburr precision and complex machine parts in accordance with semi
complicated engineering blueprints and route sheets to close tolerances.
7. Inspects parts for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments such as gages, calipers,
micrometers and comparators. Uses various types of magnification equipment (including a microscope) to detect
and avoid damage to surfaces and critical areas. Visually inspects parts for burrs or damaged machined surfaces.
8. Routinely maintains equipment to ensure cleanliness, accuracy, and reliability specific to division
9. Accurately and regularly performs statistical process control (SPC) specific to division requirements.
10. Actively implements lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement.
Effectively applies lean concepts and tools in work area.
11. Observes all company policies and procedures, including safety rules, and maintains a clean and orderly
12. Performs other related responsibilities, as requested.
1. Three years related machining experience. Able to work with limited guidance in a team environment.
2. Able to make machine set ups.
3. Reads and follows blueprints, specifications, and verbal instructions.
4. Has working knowledge of machine shop mathematics, may include trigonometry.
5. Able to effectively apply lean initiatives.
6. Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability
to work in a team environment.
7. Interprets reports and uses job specific software applications. Able to use employee self service
systems to access on line information and use specialized automated systems (i.e., PMR, TORS, e mail).
8. Effectively demonstrates team member competencies and participates in goal setting, performance
feedback, and self development activities.
TYPICAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to walk, stand, and sit for extended
periods of time. The team member is required to demonstrate manual dexterity and use hands to operate
machinery. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Also expected of the team
member is regular attendance, and the ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others. May
be required to lift up to 50 lbs.