Maintenance Technician - Shift 3
Salem, MA 01970 US
"Requires Associate degree, Basic communication in English, able to handle
repetitious tasks, able to lift up to 50lbs, able to work under temperature from
F to 105°F, where applicable, able to stand on feet for a duration of up to 13
able to handle a moderate degree of physical activity including continuous standing
for 10-13 hours, frequent walking, bending and reaching."
- Observes all safety standards. Maintains a secure, safe, clean and healthy work environment. Attends required health and safety training and follows safety and security policies, procedures and practices. Promptly reports accidents, injuries, safety hazards, or emergencies to supervisor or Safety dept. Follows operating instructions, uses protective equipment when required, and uses equipment and materials properly. Actively strives to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Checks own work for conformance to specifications. In-depth knowledge of job assignments. Details finished work. Receives parts and performs audits to ensure all necessary parts are available to perform build, test and repair. Inspects parts for defects. Strong troubleshooting capability and process improvement.
- Works closely with engineering on development of procedures and New Product Integration into the manufacturing line. Able to provide input on product "manufacturability" and influence on design.
- Develop and enhance challenging and unique projects. When responding to crisis calls will always arrive at the scene with basic tools and equipment necessary to perform work.
- Read blueprints, schematics (including electrical), wiring diagrams, technical manuals, etc.
- Maintains various activity records and logs.
- Observe equipment or machinery while in operation to detect malfunctions.
- Provides training and support to lower level mfg. technicians and assemblers. May serve as Quality Lead and focal point for quality processes within the department. Effectively utilizes quality tools to lead problem solving. Assist supervisor in alignment of resources to daily production needs.
- Working knowledge and skills in operating a variety of small hand tools and devices used in electrical/electronic troubleshooting and repairs
- Strong knowledge of AC/DC motors, controls, sensors, pneumatics, hydraulics, mechanical systems, and troubleshooting. Computer/device communications using standard protocols including TCP/IP, Ethernet/IP, Device net, Modbus, Hart, Serial
- Knowledge of programmable logic/automation controllers, human-machine interfaces, hardware, and associated programming languages (Ladder Logic, FBD, SFC, Structured Text). Platforms include Rockwell Automation, B&R, Yaskawa, Wonderware. (Preferred)
- Collaborate with our controls team to take projects from the initial sales order through to the completed installation.
- Write code for PLC and HMI programs
- Work with Client’s Smart Factory development team to produce innovative solutions that meet the needs of an ever-expanding list of customers and industries.
- Be an active contributing member of a high-performance self-directed work team
- Promote and maintain positive working relationships with multiple teams
- Maintain Mixers, Dough Depositors, Freezers, Packaging equipment, and Robotic Palletizers
• TPM understanding including all aspects of the AM and PM Pillar