Manufacturing Engineering Technician III
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Provides support for and/or assistance with products or engineering processes. Technicians at this level typically perform appropriate tests using existing procedures for process control and failure analysis, Provides routine analysis for materials, manufacturing process and methods, assist with problem identification and resolution, root cause analysis, corrective action tracking, reliability analysis and verification/validation test plan
Materials Engineering Technician 3
Would like a Bachelor's in Material Science
JDPS Materials Engineering Laboratory Technician
MAJOR PURPOSE: This job is for a Materials Engineering lab technician whose everyday assignments and tasks may vary from routine to infrequent. Duties are relatively broad in scope and may require evaluation by the position holder. The holder of this position will perform materials engineering supporting tasks or complex laboratory analytical functions with limited engineering oversight.
- Completes tasks involving preparation or analysis of material samples/components/processes with minor engineering oversight for moderately complex activities.
- Develop, recommend and implement laboratory analytical or process changes needed to maintain or improve product quality on a tactical or strategic basis.
- Work with maintenance and production personnel to troubleshoot laboratory equipment, process, or analytical problems.
- Participate on project teams to leverage knowledge and experience to improve factory performance in safety, quality, cost, and delivery.
- Create and maintain process instructions or develop analytical processes to meet production needs.
- Create and maintain laboratory procedures and processes.
- Maintain “Sustain” level of 5S in the Materials Engineering lab.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Strong understanding of part prints, process instructions, and Deere/industry standards.
- Basic to moderate knowledge of iron/steel making processes and application to materials analysis.
- Basic knowledge of production and analytical equipment, and maintenance activities needed to produce or verify a quality product.
- Solid mechanical aptitude and a strong drive to grow this skill set.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills.
WORK EXPERIENCE: “The ideal candidate will have,”
- Experience in process control and analytical analysis to be interfaced with this position.
- Experience in John Deere design and manufacturing environment is desired
- Experience with an engineering and laboratory environment.
- Participation as a contributing team member on substantial process problem solving teams.
- Demonstrated technical leadership and mentoring experience.
- Experience with production systems and databases.
- Experience with using Microsoft Office Suite and other electronic engineering software tools.
- 2 year associate technical degree or equivalent work experience