Rumford, RI 02916 US
5-10 years Experience in role. Directs and controls the movement of materials in and out of the plant. Manages key materials related functions such as purchasing, production scheduling, inventory control, shipping and receiving, and warehousing. -
1. State the primary function or overall purpose of your position.
This position is responsible for the materials planning, scheduling and ordering activities associated with
the delivery of specific customer products. Plans and coordinates receipt and inventory of material to
ensure on-time delivery of customer orders while maintaining assigned inventory levels. Is expected to
utilize various business systems, a variety of reports and other related tools to ensure timely and
economical completion of customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Limit yourself to 8-12 statements)
2. List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
• Balances current and future demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier
capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of customer requirements
• Initiates required documentation and/or system transactions to allocate, purchase, internally
manufacture or reschedule material as required
• Expedites material, where required to meet shortfall between current plan and customer order
• Analyzes data, including enterprise requirements planning information and prepares reports as
needed to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure optimal supply chain execution
• Maintains planning parameters in order execution systems (such as MFGPro) to ensure proper
• Identifies material cost and schedule impact of proposed engineering changes in addition to taking
necessary actions to ensure successful implementation and incorporation of approved engineering
• Analyzes and manages inventory levels in relation to customer requirements to meet profit and
inventory targets and goals
• Supports cost reduction projects and improvement initiatives to achieve overall business objectives
3. Place job titles in all appropriate boxes. Where there is more than one incumbent with the same title, list the title only once and put beside it in parenthesis the number of incumbents.
4. Record any measurable statistics which your position impacts such as production expenses, maintenance expenses, sales volumes, payroll costs, capital expenditures, research budgets, cost of purchases, value of inventories controlled, employees supervised (direct and indirect).
• Annual Inventory Value of Material Managed:
• Annual Shipment Revenue of Material Managed:
• Annual Purchase Part Value of Material Managed:
• Manufactured Part Count:
• Purchased Part Count:
• Complexity of Material Managed (Low, Medium, High):
5. Describe any specialized knowledge or skill (e.g., technical, scientific, administrative, managerial) which your position requires.
Strong experience and knowledge of MRP/ERP requirements and order generation process
Possesses sound knowledge and experience in successfully deploying purchasing strategies and driving cost-out.
Ability to analyze, identify, and implement opportunities and corporate initiatives for improvement that have measurable dollar impact annually.
Strong written and oral communications skills.
SIOP – Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning
Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool
sets as they relate to materials management
Understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning,
inventory control, purchasing, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving
Knowledge of MS Office applications
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is required.
No relocation is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of East Providence will be considered for the position.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”), Political Asylee or Refugee.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Supply Chain
APICS CPIM certification
Previous Supply chain experience in a manufacturing environment.
6. Describe all other aspects of your position that you feel are important and which have not been adequately covered (i.e. unique problems encountered, special freedom to take action, critical outside contacts, exceptional working conditions etc.)