Mechanical Engineer III
Surry, VA 23883 US
Top 3 Required Skills
1) MUST currently hold a nuclear design change / Standard Design Process (IP-ENG-001) qualification either with Client Energy or other nuclear utility / engineering firm. (We will consider candidates who have recently held this qualification but may not be current)
2) 10CFR5.59 Screener experience / qualification.
3) Ability to interpret codes, regulations and practices.
4) Experience and knowledge of various codes and standards, such as ASME B&PV, ASTM, HEI, TEMA, etc is required.
What soft skill requirements do you have (team fit and personality requirements)?
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to lead, collaborate, or work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
Highly desired attributes:
• Design experience of heat exchangers, pumps, piping and other mechanical systems for power stations or other larger industrial facilities.
• Familiarity with industrial and mechanical systems and components (HVAC, Pumps, Piping, Valves, Control Systems, etc.)
• Experience in developing Engineering Specifications (Procurement, Design and Installation).
• Experience with reviewing manufacturer/supplier documentation, drawings, specifications, etc to ensure new equipment meets specified physical, performance and other requirements.
• Major component installation and construction experience.
• PE license desired, not required.
• Prior SRO license and/or STA certification desired, not required.
• Positive, optimistic, team player and solution-oriented attitude.
• Demonstrated ability to understand a wide variety of topics and be sufficiently intrusive to ensure all work items under their area of responsibility are produced with the highest of quality including technical accuracy.
• Demonstrate high integrity, safety, professionalism, and appropriate behavior driven results.
• Be a strong advocate to communicate and elevate issues in a timely manner.
High Level Project Overview:
Summary of expected job tasks:
• Support the development of high quality and technically sound Engineering products and projects which will include Design Change Packages and drawings to provide for engineered plant improvements and solutions to operations and maintenance problems which ensure long-term equipment reliability. This position requires engagement with Engineering vendors, Corporate Engineering, station stakeholders and implementing personnel throughout all design phases.
• Support the preparation/revision/review of calculations in support of engineering products.
• Support the preparation and revision of specifications for the procurement of new or replacement mechanical equipment and interface with vendors to resolve technical matters.
• Support the preparation/review of engineering studies to evaluate design related system operational problems and/or recommended equipment/system replacements in order to provide technically sound engineering solutions.
• Provide routine technical support for design-related issues in construction, maintenance, and operations which may include the development of engineering technical evaluations.
• Demonstrated ability to provide oversight and guidance to Engineering vendors to ensure the best quality product and most cost effective solution that’s in the best interest of Client Energy.
Preferred Years of Experience:
• Must have at least 7 years of mechanical engineering experience – please make sure candidates resume lists and reflects the directly related mechancial experience and projects
• BS in Mechanical or Nuclear Engineering.
Are there any specific companies/industries you’d like to see in the candidate’s experience?
• Commercial Nuclear Industry
Preferred Interview Process Overview (High level):
• Teams – Camera On
What is the committed timeline for interview and decision making?
• This need is urgent, review will be quick and candidates that are able and willing to start quickly will be highly desired
At any time is overtime required or would you say it is just available as a function of the job? Required during refueling outages only.