Military Business Development Consultant
Irvine, CA 92618 US
GENERAL WORK SCOPE
· Key focus areas for the task will be coordinating with the Engine bill of material and act
as the regional manager for all engine sustainment programs.
· Secondly working with US Navy RM on activities and working with the PI&R BD RM on
expediting PI&R programs for all services.
· Representative shall provide interface on behalf of Client with customers at DLA, USAF,
Navy, Army and Coast Guard as needed supplementing the lead regional manager (RM)
for the Military Business Unit within Customer Support Operations.
· Representative may be required to visit other Department of Defense installations from
time to time, Client offices or other corporations as mutually agreed by Client and
· Identify opportunities and requirement consistent with Client’s business objectives and
· Participate in the development of business acquisition and growth strategies.
· On an as-required basis, contribute to Client’s preparation of briefings, presentations
· Maintain close personal contact with MBU Regional managers within the business
development team and coordinating efforts as needed with Procurement, Program
Management, Item Management, Engineering, Account Managers, and other customer
personnel as necessary to understand potential procurements or assist in bidding
process, along with managing positive relationships between customer and Client sites.
· To the extent necessary, provide liaison between Client and customer personnel to
secure and foster good public relations.
· As necessary, serve as an advisor for Client during the performance of contracts.
· Assist in interpretation of regulations and policies pertaining to Client activities.
· Devote an average of 24-32 person-hours per week in support of this Representative
· Provide representation and customer interface for Client at assigned customers.
o Coordinate with each MBU BD Lead regional manager on tasks and programs to
be worked and grown prior to interfacing with customers
§ Provide on-site customer service for Client products and systems as
§ Schedule technical and team meetings to facilitate the exchange of
information with customers
§ Assist in timely communications between customer and Client
§ Focus on improved relationship; Coordinate team meetings (internal and
external) to ensure constant face to customer. Daily/weekly/monthly
engagement with assigned key customers to stay on top of any issues or
§ Develop and maintain close personal contact with customer’s buyers,
managers, and technical individuals
§ Participate in business acquisition including the development of strategies
and capture plans
§ Resolve day to day issues with key customers
§ Develop a grown plan for programs that are currently not being worked or
addressed by the MBU RM
§ Gain voice of the customer and report back to the lead RM to jointly
develop a strategy enabling growth and protecting Client BOM
§ Actively search and seek out PI&R opportunities
· Work with other industry reps to keep Client updated with Industry trends and activities
· All correspondence between yourself and Client should be conducted through Client
· Protect Client intellectual property.
· Provide accurate and timely information to customer on divisions order progress as
needed to grow the relationship
· Review SAM.gov, DIBBS and other bid boards for opportunities for Client growth
· Provide an ECR report (activity report) monthly
o Forward ECR report to Bill Smith by 5th working day of each month