NDT Inspector IV
Kent, WA 98032 US
NDT Technician 4
Perform non-destructive testing on a variety of sheet metal aircraft components.
Functions and Responsibilities
• Process complex parts and interpret findings in accordance with Exotic and customer
specifications and requirements.
• Follow established NDT technique sheets and ensures any revisions to established
techniques meet Exotic and customer requirements.
• Responsible for creating, evaluating and approving technique sheets used in the FPI,
Radiographic and Digital X-Ray Inspection process.
• Detect faulty processes and provide corrective action for their resolution. Verify all
Customer requirements are met prior to implementation.
• Evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of NDT methods and techniques and propose
solutions to problems which impact productivity.
• Responsible for auditing and verify performance adequacy of personnel performing NDT
Tech 1, Tech 2 and Tech 3 functions.
• Accurately document inspection findings.
• Check required dimensions using calipers, micrometers and other inspection devices.
• Responsible for ensuring proper documentation is entered on manufacturing planning
(including correct quantities) and paperless timecard system.
• Interpret and follow written instructions, sketches, schedules, drawings and documents.
• Perform all work in accordance with established standards and safety procedures.
• Train Tech 1, 2 and 3 NDT Inspectors.
• Programs all Digital X-Ray systems.
• Conduct audits of NDT procedures, and process and interface with customers to provide
the necessary objective evidence to substantiate approval to requirements.
• May oversee others.
Skills and Experience
• Certified in FPI, Radiographic and Digital X-Ray Inspection.
• Fully proficient in interpreting manufacturing planning, sketches, blueprints, and
specifications, including views, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T),
symbols, and revision control.
• Few limitations but knows what they are and stops and finds appropriate interpretation
• Knowledge of shop math and precision measurement equipment.
• Capable of inspecting complex or custom parts in all NDT work centers.
• Possess adequate knowledge of Exotic manufacturing and NDT processes to be able to
anticipate problems in order to implement effective and productive inspection
• Ability to effectively interface and provide feedback to Quality Engineering, Design
Engineering, and Manufacturing personnel
Demonstrate proper and safe operation of equipment, and personal protective equipment
including, but not limited to, safety glasses/full face shield, hearing protection, respirator, and
rubber gloves as required.
Performs physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and frequent
movement of the whole body, such as climbing, lifting up to 50 pounds, balancing and handling of material.