Irvine, CA 92612 US
JOB SUMMARY Placement and routing of extremely complex High Density Interconnect technology Printed Circuit Boards from engineering schematic diagrams while observing good layout techniques and industry standards.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES % OF TIME
PCB Routing and Layout Techniques 80%
* Guide and instruct other PCB designers and function as a PCB team leader.
* Practiced ability to read, understand, and interpret electrical schematic diagrams and mechanical component specifications supplied by Hardware Engineering Group.
* Place PCB components per engineer’s recommendations and industry standards.
*Route PCB including differential pairs, critical high-speed circuits and impedance controlled nets per engineer’s instructions and component specifications.
Troubleshooting - 10%
* Expert in debugging schematic diagrams and set-up Net Classes and Net Properties utilizing Mentor Design Capture and Expedition PCB design tools.
* Provide training/guidance to other PCB designers on the use of the PCB Design tool.
* Post process boards, find and correct design errors.
Documentation – 10%
* Create a complete PCB documentation package including fabrication and assembly drawings, parts lists, and schematic diagrams utilizing good drafting techniques. (5%)
* Modify released documentation by generating DCNs and ADCNs per instructions from DCRs and other sources.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILL REQUIREMENTS * Highly developed ability to communicate, in English, both in writing and verbally, with electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, PCB designers and CAD librarians in order to fully explain and understand all of the issues and related problems that arise during the circuit board design process. * Highly skilled specialist that contributes to the development of PCB design concepts and techniques. * Ability to solve very complex HDI problems and issues that require independent action and a high degree of initiative. * Highly detail-oriented disposition with the ability to handle multiple PCB designs and assignments at one time. * Ability to work independently without supervision * Makes recommendations for new PCB design procedures. * Ability to chair PCB design meetings and be able to suggest routing strategies and circuit enhancements on complex PCB designs. * Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures. * Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways. * Works on problems of diverse to complex scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of variable factors. * Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS * AA degree in an engineering related field or equivalent related work experience. * IPC CID+ certification. * 12+ years experience in a PCB Design/Engineering environment. OTHER REQUIREMENTS * 95% of the time sitting and operating a computer workstation.