Whittier, CA 90602 US
Enables patients to secure access to care at ClientClient facilities by performing all tasks related to registration and pre-registration of outpatient and inpatient accounts. Calculates and secures patient liability, including
copayments, coinsurance and deductibles in an efficient, accurate and hospitable manner to ensure that the patient, physician and hospital’s needs are met.
• 1+ yr(s) experience in a high-volume healthcare facility or medical office setting with strong computer and customer service experience required
• High school graduate required or equivalent, evidence of continuing education
• Ability to multi-task in a fast and high pressured environment
• Insurance knowledge required
• Insurance and billing experience strongly required
• Drivers License; ability to travel to off-site locations (Outpatient only)
• Strong typing skills 45 and up wpm is required
• Demonstrated attention to detail; Good English speaking, spelling, reading and Mathematical skills required
ADDITIONAL SKILLS NEEDED:
• 1+ yr(s) of medical office /hospital/medical billing work experience preferred
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with staff, patients, guarantors, insurance companies, and physicians.
• Demonstrate ability to learn quickly, and follow directions as outlined in policies or given by Supervisor
• Strong Computer skills and Knowledge in Word, Excel and ability to maneuver through multiple screens in a timely manner
• Strong analytical skills, problem solving. The ability to act and decide accordingly.
• Complete HPE comprehensive training program as required
• Excellent Customer service and phone skills with a background in the medical industry
• Medical terminology strongly preferred
• Bilingual Spanish or Chinese (Mandarin) preferred
• Insurance and billing experience strongly preferred
Must be fully COVID 19 vaccinated with boosters!