Knoxville, TN 37922 US
Customers and Customer Expectations:
• Accurately manage and review time & attendance and outsourced payroll systems processes so employees are paid accurately and timely.
• Assist in performing certain financial functions, manage portal content, performance of audit and review of vendors, assist with payroll tax functions, and perform timely resolution of escalated customer service issues including interaction with employees and retirees in various demographics.
• Facilitate high level of internal control and governance of payroll process.
• Prepare presentations, reports and other documentation timely, accurately, and professionally.
• Ensure work product is analyzed, reviewed for accuracy, and fully documented.
• Identify, investigate, resolve and mitigate a variety of escalated payroll, time entry and/or payroll tax issues related to processes and employee-specific matters.
• Proactive planning as well as timely and thorough execution of compliance activities.
• As designated key resource, demonstrate thorough knowledge of systems and software, including UltiPro payroll, Ultimate Time & Attendance, Workday, Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, SharePoint and other software needs.
The position will receive work direction from a Payroll Specialist with expertise in Time & Attendance.
• Acquiring, maintaining and continuously developing an in-depth knowledge of time clocks, time and attendance rules, payroll, payroll tax and corporate policies, including internal and regulatory controls and effectively applying this knowledge in the execution of duties.
• Working independently with all levels of personnel, including external consultants and vendors.
• Must be able to make timely decisions in areas of responsibility.
• Using prioritization and time management to meet firm deadlines and handle workload changes as they occur.
• Researching and resolving escalated time clock, time and attendance, payroll, and payroll tax issues while providing customer service, including difficult/challenging customers, with proven ability to be sensitive to each customer and apply strict confidentiality.
• Work with outsourced vendor in the processing of payrolls and other specific areas of payroll such as treasury, stock options, claims, and employee separations.
• Serve as valued K-C subject matter expert in the Ultimate Time & Attendance system including time clocks, collecting data and analyzing trends for areas of improvement.
• Analyze time data and report trends and opportunities to the business.
• Interpret and maintain site pay rules to preserve and enhance standardization efforts.
• Develop and execute training and document/update procedures regularly.
• Timely research and resolve complex time and payroll inquiries from employees, HR, department managers and other parties in order to manage and respond to escalated issues.
• Execute analytic reports and perform various audits to time system and payroll core
• Perform UltiPro core system administration duties consisting of maintaining portal content, creating alerts, monitoring import errors, granting and auditing user access, and resolving access issues.
• Provide consultation to payroll team to aid in setting long and short-term department objectives, developing standard operating procedures, completing security access reviews, and managing system configuration. Lead project team(s) related to payroll, time and payroll tax matters and initiatives.
• Initiate, develop and recommend process and system enhancements that improve team efficiencies and end user satisfaction.
• Prepare and deliver reports, presentations and other visual controls to management in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
• Represent payroll in various situations, projects and activities not included in other principal accountabilities to assist in the accomplishment of established objectives.
• An undergraduate Bachelor’s degree is preferred, 2-4 years of related work experience in payroll processing and time and attendance systems and processing.
• Proven financial and audit skills are required. In addition, the position requires an aptitude for detail work and the ability to problem solve and apply critical thinking skills to analyze and troubleshoot with a high degree of accuracy.
• Proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint are required.
• Experience with UltiPro Software, Ultimate Time & Attendance, Time Clocks and Workday is preferred.
• Key competencies include Communication, Leveraging Diversity, Impact, Decision Making, Managing Work, Taking Ownership, Building Customer Relationships, Initiating Action, Cooperation, Adaptability, Continuous Learning and Providing Feedback