Whittier, CA 90602 US
Payroll Specialist will have primary responsibility for supporting the payroll operations. You will work in a high-volume office, processing changes for over 8000 employees. You will work collaboratively and with a team of skilled professionals in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, demonstrating precision and expertise, in order to maximize efficiency and productivity.
Under the general direction of the Payroll Manager, will support the processing of multiple payrolls for the health system. The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the timely processing and auditing necessary to produce an accurate payroll. In addition, the Payroll Specialist provides positive customer services in responding to payroll/payment issues.
SPECIFIC SKILLS NEEDED:
• Current knowledge of Wage and Hour laws in a hospital environment and payroll best practices.
• Multi Company Payroll processing.
• Knowledge and experience with processing payroll in-house system for over 8000 employees.
• Ability to meet deadline, prioritize work and be flexible with changing priorities.
• Attention to detail.
• Intermediate skills in excel, word.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
Must have GED or High School Diploma
Must have 3-5 years of Payroll experience using an automated time and attendance system.